AdPerks provides decentralized digital marketing on the blockchain. Find out how the PERKs ecosystem works today in our review.
What is AdPerks?
AdPerks, found online at AdPerks.io, promises to provide a transparent, anonymous, and rewarding marketplace for digital marketing services. It’s a decentralized platform where customers can earn PERKs from businesses in exchange for agreeing to receive marketing campaigns about their products and services, or to post reviews or participate in product research.
Using AdPerks, customers and businesses can interact with each other directly without the need for a middleman – like a marketing agency.
Businesses can take advantage of the platform to market to their exact desired demographic while minimizing the costs of their advertising campaign.
The AdPerks ICO began on September 25 and lasts until early December.
What Problems Does AdPerks Seek to Solve?
AdPerks has identified several crucial problems within today’s digital marketing world, including:
Disconnect Between Businesses and Customers:
Digital marketing is a disconnected space. Businesses advertise products through search engines, social media, and web pages, but they don’t interact directly with customers. Businesses rely on information from ad providers to gauge user intent and estimate the conversion rate. Meanwhile, users have no incentive to pay attention to ads. They use ad blockers or minimize the window when faced with a video advertisement.
Brands often struggle to determine where their ads will run on a particular ad network. For example, companies may purchase an ad on an average CPM rate could see their ad popping up on websites with large numbers of low-converting visitors.
Fraud is a big problem in the digital advertising industry. From fraudulent ad clicks to scammy, ad-filled websites, fraudulent activities are rampant.
How Does AdPerks Work?
AdPerks plans to use the blockchain to provide distributed data, anonymous identities, direct addressability, and security.
Here are some of the key functions behind AdPerks:
- AdPerks incentivizes users and view and consume advertising media about products they’re interested in; incentivized ads grab customer attention, thus increasing the conversion rate
- There’s no middlemen involved in the AdPerks ad delivery process; businesses advertise directly to consumers based on their current interests, which reduces click fraud and allows customers to receive PERKs from businesses they actually intend to visit
- Users receive ads based on their interests and intent, increasing the conversion rate even further and ensuring customers see ads they’re genuinely interested in
- Ads are prioritized according to a user’s interests and PERKs payout
- Proprietary algorithms charge businesses more tokens when they spam users and target users infrequently, which helps introduce users to new products and services while reducing ad fatigue
- Vendors can directly track user loyalty and incentivize loyal users with more tokens and custom coupons
- Vendors can directly reach out to users based on specific criteria to conduct surveys and product feedback with PERKs payouts
- Businesses compete with each other by offering more tokens, allowing users to benefit by earning more tokens
Overall, AdPerks wants to eliminate middlemen from the advertising ecosystem and bridge the gap between businesses and customers. Consumers can earn PERKs tokens in exchange for their attention, while businesses can gain unique insights into their customer base.
Who’s Behind AdPerks?
AdPerks hasn’t publicly unveiled details about its team online at AdPerks.io. However, they describe that their founding team “has more than 40 years of industry experience with more than 15 patents issued/pending.” They also describe themselves as “innovators and entrepreneurs from top technology companies in Silicon Valley” who are “experts in security, distributed networks, cloud computing and P2P technologies.”
The development team is based in Cupertino, California.
In some cases, we’ve seen Silicon Valley-based teams not disclose their identity online due to fear of violating a non-compete clause signed with other tech companies. We don’t know if that’s the case with AdPerks.
The PERK Token Sale
The AdPerks PERK token sale started on September 25, 2017. There’s a total token supply of 1 billion tokens, with a maximum crowdsale cap of 200 million tokens.
Any unsold tokens from each lot will automatically rollover to the next one. Any unsold tokens remaining after lot 5 will be automatically priced at $1 on December 4, 2017.
The PERKs tokens are ERC20-compliant tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.
Users can purchase tokens using Ether (ETH).
AdPerks is an advertising ecosystem that aims to introduce powerful benefits across the community. It aims to reduce costs for companies, help customers earn tokens from their favorite businesses, and allow businesses to access valuable metrics without relying on a centralized third party – a middleman.
To learn more about AdPerks and their ongoing token sale, visit AdPerks.io.