Altonomy Taurus Index Fund as an OTC Sell-Side Crypto Trading Desk Launches to Rival Ease of S&P 500 Buying
Cryptocurrency asset management firm Altonomy recently launched its crypto index fund, the Altonomy Taurus Index Fund, which targets investors looking to get in on cryptocurrencies without having to bet on a single coin.
The company has more than 40 ICO project clients ranking in the top 200 by a market cap like INS and Origo as well as some of the biggest crypto hedge funds in the world like New Global Capital. Altonomy also works with other major global OTC trading partners to share liquidity and is a key contributor to the trueDigital Bitcoin and Ether pricing indices, which provide the transparency and confidence needed to enable institutional-grade derivative products.
Altonomy Taurus Index Fund provides a way to track the performance of the crypto markets as a whole by holding a single crypto asset. Index funds have consistently beaten the average managed fund since their inception. The initiative is part of the company’s recent move to target a more select group of high-stakes players and institutional investors.
In that respect, it will be less similar to an ETF and more like the private placement investments which are sold to accredited investors to enable them to have exposure to cryptocurrencies in traditional financial accounts.
“Before founding Altonomy, we saw a huge need for a dedicated OTC sell-side trading desk in order to provide ICO issuers and crypto hedge funds more liquid trading options,” said Ricky Li, co-founder of Altonomy. “Until now, there hasn't been an independent, sell-side trading desk to provide effective crypto asset and liquidity management services. Altonomy fills this gap by consistently delivering the most favorable spreads in OTC markets given time and liquidity constraints for different token dynamics, even long-tail ones, in highly volatile markets.”
Altonomy empowers clients with a number of unmatched benefits through its “Altonomy Hybrid IQ,” a combination of deep human crypto market expertise and proprietary algorithms that ensures OTC trades are executed in volatile markets with the best spread given time and liquidity constraints for different token dynamics, including:
- Premier Liquidity Management – Altonomy meets KPIs for exchange listings and liquidity management, even in extreme market conditions.
- High-Value OTC Trading – With 24/7 access to its global liquidity pool across Asia, Europe and the U.S, Altonomy delivers transparent, OTC transaction services for crypto-to-fiat and crypto-to-crypto with extended coverage to illiquid tokens.
- Transparent Pricing – Transparent, all-in price quotes with free listing and exchange advisory services.
- Protection of Client Interests – Altonomy's independent trade execution model helps protect client's best interests by aligning pricing with trading performance, and separating investment and trading practices.
- Proprietary Macro Market Analysis – Altonomy advises client on the impact of sentiment and various events on the macro crypto market through proprietary analysis.
“When setting out to launch, we realized holding all of our assets in one token was risky,” said Baron Gong, Founder and CEO of Origo Network. “Altonomy helped us successfully diversify our portfolio through Altonomy Taurus Index Fund, advised us on the best exchange listing strategy and covered our operation expenses by providing OTC crypto to fiat trading services.”