April 2018 Cryptocurrency Coin & Token Price Analysis (Gains & Losses)
Every month we are reviewing the biggest cryptocurrency coin winners and losers to give you an idea of where the biggest plays were and can possibly provide insight for future plays. Here is the April 2018 Cryptocurrency Market Analysis you need to read.
Cryptocurrency: Winners & Losers in the Month Of April
Giving post some setup, here is CoinMarketCap pricing for top 8 and market on May 2, 2018.
The first 3 months of 2018 had been sort of a downer for almost all cryptocurrencies outside of the first two weeks of the calendar year.
Bitcoin was down 58% in three months and down 66% from its all-time high. Most cryptocurrencies have shed even more since January, but a few have outperformed bitcoin.
The handful that is in the green, such as ontology (up 110%) is only up because they weren’t introduced until 2018 was well underway. Of the cryptocurrencies that were trading at the start of this year, just two assets are in the green. Digixdao, a gold-backed token, is up 12% in three months, and bytom, a Chinese altcoin is up 2%. Neither of these two coins has produced the sort of return that the HODL strategy was conceived for.
The month of April has been a different story altogether. Cryptocurrencies are in a rally. In the past one month, the top ten major cryptos have gained by more than 75%. Bitcoin is comfortably in the $9,000 range while Ethereum and EOS are also gaining. Even though the crypto’s market is yet to reach anywhere near where it was in early January, it seems it is headed towards the right direction.
Cryptocurrency Winners Of April
- Ethereum: After falling over a disheartening 50% in March, Ethereum has rallied back 85% in April, from $365 on the first to $675 at the end of the month. Being one of the biggest losers in March has provided an opportunity for traders to snatch ETH at a low price.
- EOS: EOS has been gaining massive popularity recently and perhaps it is not surprising that EOS has climbed over 215% from around $6 at the beginning of the month to over $19 at the end of it. Notably, EOS has already surpassed Litecoin to become the fifth biggest cryptocurrency measured on market cap charts.
- Tron (TRX): Tron has continued its high performance from March and carried it over to April. Starting the month at $0.028 TRX has gained 280% to end it at $0.096, against BTC it is up around 130% from 450 to 1040 satoshis. Tron continues to outperform most of the other altcoins and has secured its position in the top ten at 9th spot with a market cap of just over $6 billion.
- Cardano: Cardano had been one of the worst performing assets since the beginning of the year but they seem to be turning the tide now. They finally made some gains in April gaining over 535% over the month from a low of $0.14 to a high of $0.34.
- Game.com (GTC): Moving to the lesser know altcoins, GTC made a huge surge in the last weeks of April gaining close to 600% . Game.com is an ambitious project that combines several elements into a total blockchain-based gaming environment. A combination gaming platform, digital asset wallet, crowdfunding platform, and instant messenger, Game.com is riding high on a rising swell of popularity.
- Pundi X (NPXS): Pundi X is a project that aims to make every day crypto usage “as easy as getting bottled water.” It is a POS (point of sale) solution for retail businesses that will make it easy for brick-and-mortar businesses to accept cryptocurrencies in-store. The gained about 250% in the month of April alone.
Cryptocurrency Losers Of April
Most cryptocurrencies gained in April so by “Loser” it does not mean that they lost value, but performed worse than their competitors.
- Monero: Monero seems to have disappointed its followers in the past one month and did not make gains as much as other Altcoins. In this period, they gained around 47% increasing their valuation from $166 to $244. Gains against Bitcoin have been very slim, just 3% or so to end the month at 2650000 satoshis.
- Dragon Coin (DRG): It is a native cryptocurrency of the Dragon Platform, which connects VIP gamer with “junkets”, casino VIP rooms across the globe that host private games and have a system of transferring funds via junket agents. DRG has slowly been declining since it first started trading in late March of this year and that downward trend appears to be continuing. They took a hit of over 25% within the span of a month.
- Binance Coin: They had been one of the most irrepressible altcoins in the month of March however they failed to capitalize on the surge of April. They have managed to gain only 39% in April, increasing their value from $10.4 to $14.5.
- Litecoin: Litecoin is always a slow mover and the same story continued in April. They gained only 35% increasing their valuation from $111 to $150 which isn’t a lot when compared to other coins. Having no news to increase their momentum, Litecoin has plodded along trying to catch up with the other altcoins and lost two spots in the market cap charts dropping down to 7th.
Top 10 Coins That Gained over 100% In April 2018
1. #ZClassic $ZCL (243%)
2. #NANJCOIN $NANJ (213%)
3. #Primecoin $XPM (204%)
4. #TrueChain $TRUE (194%)
5. #Mixin $XIN (165%)
6. #Ontology $ONT (130%)
7. #TomoChain $TOMO (127%)
8. #Aeternity $AE (115%)
9. #ODEM $ODE (102%)
10. #SafeExchangeCoin $SAFEX (100%)
Another great graphic to feast your eyes on for how wet of an appetite your crypto gains could have been in April:
You know it has been a good month for cryptocurrencies when coins that have gained 50% have been named Losers. We can only hope this gain in momentum is the storyline for 2018.