It's A Double Digit Loss For Bitcoin and Altcoins
A simple six percent drop in Bitcoin (BTC) prices and it’s a capitulation for altcoins thanks to their sometimes beneficial direct correlation. EOS, Stellar Lumens, Litecoin and Tron are not only trading below key support lines as mentioned in previous altcoins technical analysis, but have confirmed a bear break out pattern and the resurgence of the third phase—the trend resumption phase of that trade strategy. As such, we expect Litecoin (LTC) for example to hit $50 or lower, Tron (TRX) to test 2018 lows at 2 cents and EOS to trade below $4 in the coming weeks.
Bitcoin (BTC) Technical Analysis
- There were 3000 Lightning Network full nodes and more than 11,200 active bi-directional channels that helped move $700,000 worth of Bitcoins in a July report on the state of the off chain, scalability solution. At the same time, it was note that the network is more decentralized with Shitcoin.com control being trimmed from 51 percent to less than one percent in the same period.
- In the midst of uncertainty and bruising regulations, the central bank of Spain Banco de Espana (BDE) has a more open position on Bitcoin (BTC). In their recent report the bank said cryptocurrencies-especially when there is a state version-improves the country’s monetary policy and its financial infrastructure. Besides, using blockchain technology, the central bank can better track their money supply more effectively.
- Bob Goodlatte, who is also the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee owns about $80,000 worth of Bitcoin with a major portion staked in Bitcoin and Ethereum.
At a 10 percent week over week drop, it’s likely that last week’s Bitcoin bears will spill over and drive prices lower.
While there was initial excitement yesterday following that $300 gain propelling Bitcoin prices back to $7,100, the reversal has been swift and at this pace, we might see a break below $6,800, our lower limit of our buy zone.
It is solely because of this and the fact that the weekly chart is overly bearish reversing from key resistance trend line that I recommend selling Bitcoin (BTC) at current spot prices with stops at Aug 7 highs at $7,100 with first targets at $6,000—2018 lows.
On the reverse side, the only time we can think of buying is when there is conclusive reversal of these rampant sellers helping propel prices back above $7,300. Only then should we recommend buying on dips and syncing with mid-July bullish sentiment with first targets at $8,500.
EOS Technical Analysis
- A few days ago, the EOSIO network printed a record 3708 TPS. Should we expect an explosion in TPS today when the network get stress tested?
- To spur creation of useful dApps on the EOSIO network, EOS VC did unveil a $1 million seed funding program for future EOS Hackathons. The initiative called “Hack. Pitch. Launch” has already saw five teams benefit from the $50,000 seed funding during the Sydney Hackaton.
For more than 40 days now, EOS has been trending and from previous EOS technical analysis, we had emphasized the importance of conclusive close below $7.
As we mentioned, any close below the main support line and the lower limit of our $2 trade range automatically confirms June 22 bears.
Well, that happened yesterday and as such, we now suggest selling EOS on every pull back retesting $7 with first bear targets at $4 now that the third phase—the bear trend resumption stage is on course. Safe stops should be at Aug 7 highs at $7.2.
Litecoin (LTC) Technical Analysis
Thanks to a partnership between Ninja Trader and CoinBase, account holders can now view real time market data for Litecoin and three other coins available at CoinBase. Besides viewing, account holders at Ninja Trader would easily access charting and market analysis capabilities thanks to that stream of live crypto data from CoinBase
Bitcoin and Litecoin have this sometimes beneficial direct market correlation and with Bitcoin dropping, odds of Litecoin following suit—especially at a time when we didn’t expect market moving news—were high.
Yes, it did and on Aug 7, Litecoin slid five percent and with high market volumes, it’s likely that prices will close below the lower limit of our trade range at $70.
From previous Litecoin (LTC) technical analysis, such would entail selling on pull backs with first targets at $50 because of the confirmation of that bear break out pattern of June 10 and the resumption of bears as the trade strategy dictates.
Tron (TRX) Technical Analysis
- The much anticipated Pornhub-Tron integration is now complete.
- Raybo, a Chinese blockchain giant is now one of the 27 contenders of the super representative position. While making the announcement, Justin Sun said this will foster inclusion and openness.
As prices head to the dredges, TRX don’t want to be left behind. As a matter of fact, this kind of depreciation is normal after mainnet launches—we can see the consequent depreciation in EOS and many other coins.
Now, from the chart, TRX is down four percent and most importantly, our first targets are likely to be hit today. Since we are already short as per our Tron (TRX) trade plans, I recommend moving stops to break even and locking in some profits.
At the same time, moving targets to 2 cents would make sense.
Stellar Lumens (XLM) Technical Analysis
With an 18 percent week over week drop, Stellar Lumens prices are capitulating. Now, after yesterday’s drop is a seven percent drop that has already driven XLM prices below 22 cents and in the process cancelling our previous Stellar Lumens (XLM) trade plan and bullish stand.
Because of this, we recommend pausing and waiting for proper close below June’s lows of 20 cents before we initiate shorts on pull backs with targets at 15 cents and later 8 cents in line with our past Stellar Lumens (XLM) technical analysis.
Disclaimer: Views and opinions expressed are those of the author and aren’t investment advice. Trading of any form involves risk and so do your due diligence before making a trading decision.