Bither – Secure Bitcoin Wallet App For iPhone, Android & Desktop?
Bither, found online at Bither.net, is a simple and secure bitcoin wallet for Android, iOS, and desktop systems. Find out how it works today in our review.
What Is Bither?
Bither is a bitcoin wallet where you can easily store and manage your bitcoin. Like other bitcoin wallets, you can view your account total. You can check the 24h movement of your crypto balance. You can display a QR code to accept cryptocurrencies.
The unique thing about Bither is that you can run it in both cold/hot modes, allowing you to enjoy the convenience of a hot wallet while also enjoying the security of a cold wallet.
The platform is available for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X. All downloads are free. You can download your desired version from the app store or from Bither.net.
How Does Bither Work?
Bither gives you full control over your bitcoin and your private keys. Your keys aren’t managed by a third party – like an exchange. You have full control over your coins. Nobody can freeze your funds, and if you lose access to them, you have nobody to blame but yourself.
One unique thing about Bither is that you can also run it as a cold wallet in offline mode (say, if you have a backup phone you want to use). You can also run it as a hot wallet in online mode (say, on your daily phone). Through this system, you can get maximum safety over your funds while still enjoying the convenience of a hot wallet.
All private keys are protected by a digital password.
Bither also has a simplified validation process (it uses SPV), which means you don’t need to trust a third party.
Another important feature is that all source code is available online through Github. You can view the source code for the wallet to ensure everything is secure and designed to work as advertised.
Finally, Bither’s XRANDOM uses different entropy sources to generate true random numbers for its users. It also has feature like HDM, which allow you to enjoy the benefits of hierarchical deterministic addresses (HD) while still enjoying multi-signature security.
Bither has two core modes, including a cold wallet and a hot wallet mode. Here’s how each mode works:
- Cold wallet running in offline mode on a backup phone
- Private keys protected by a digital password
- Real-time network monitoring via Wi-Fi, 3G, and Bluetooth
- Security check for private keys
- Sign the hot wallet’s unsigned transactions
- Automatic backup and recovery
- Hot wallet runs in online mode (like on your daily phone)
- You can easily monitor your bitcoin savings using Watch Only mode (i.e. where the wallet on your phone displays an amount of bitcoin you wish to watch, but your actual bitcoin is stored in another location, like your offline phone)
- You can prepare unsigned transactions for a watch only address
- The hot address also supports private keys, which means you can save smaller amounts of bitcoin from your address
- Decentralized and P2P bitcoin wallet with no registration or login required
- Real-time prices from major bitcoin exchanges
- System notification for new transactions
Overall, Bither is a secure and simple wallet available for all major mobile and desktop platforms. It’s best known for its cold/hot mode, where you can enjoy the safety of cold storage while still accessing the convenience of a hot wallet. Through this system, you can store “pocket change” in your hot wallet and store your main bitcoin holdings in your cold wallet.
To learn more about Bither or to download it for free today, visit online at Bither.net.