BitKan is a data and trading services platform with an emphasis on bitcoin. Find out everything you need to know about BitKan today in our review.
What Is BitKan?
BitKan, found online at BitKan.com, is a bitcoin trading platform founded in 2013. In 2016, BitKan received a $1.6 million Series A investment led by Bitmain. Today, BitKan offers a web-based exchange, a bitcoin trading app, OTC trading, and other bitcoin services.
BitKan is best-known within China, particularly for its Android app. The app provides full trading services. It also functions as a wallet. Most of BitKan’s management team comes from Huawei, the Chinese electronics giant. The founders launched BitKan in 2013.
Here are some of the features that distinguish BitKan from other trading platforms:
- Easy, One Click Trades: There are no top ups required. BitKan supports local payment methods like WeChat and AliPay. You can complete the entire transaction within minutes.
- Safe Storage: Cold and hot wallets are separated on BitKan. The team behind BitKan formerly worked for Fortune 500 companies and has 10+ years of experience. They offer real-time data backup, multi-antivirus protection, and safe and complete risk control strategies.
- Low Trading Fees: BitKan charges a 0% maker fee and a 0.3% taker fee.
- Mobile Support: BitKan offers complete trading services over its mobile app, available for Android.
The BitKan Mobile App
One of the biggest advantages of using BitKan is that you can easily make trades from your mobile device. The BitKan mobile app is available for Android. You can use it as a bitcoin wallet, an OTC exchange, or as a source for market data and news. Here are some of the core features of the app:
- Buy and sell bitcoin in a P2P marketplace
- Use it as a bitcoin wallet to receive, store, and send bitcoin
- Check real-time price quotes and candlesticks of 30 exchanges from all over the world
- Set prices and get notifications as quickly as possible; 24 hour monitoring is available
- View news from the cryptocurrency and blockchain industries
Monitor mining machine hash rates, and setup an API of your mining pool to get instant hash rate information, including a notification if your machine is functioning abnormally
Who’s Behind BitKan?
BitKan was founded in 2013 by CEO and Co-Founder Leon Liu, Founder Edward Lu, CTO and Co-Founder William Tang, and COO and Co-Founder Fanny Yu.
Leon Liu is a former manager at a Fortune 500 company. He’s also a full stack developer who was one of China’s first digital currency entrepreneurs. Edward Liu was also formerly part of a management team at a Fortune 500 company, and one of China’s earliest bitcoin players.
BitKan is headquartered in Shenzhen, China. The company claims to have “the largest number of users within the industry in China.”
The company’s management team makes numerous mentions of being part of a Fortune 500 company. That Fortune 500 company is Huawei, the Chinese electronics giant.
BitKan And The Blockchain Global Summit
In September 2017, BitKan made headlines for announcing an event called the Blockchain Global Summit. BitKan is the host of the event, which is scheduled to take place from September 20 to 21, 2017 at Hong Kong’s Grand Hyatt Hotel.
The event was initially scheduled for Beijing. However, the company moved the event to Hong Kong after local regulatory agencies warned BitKan that no ICO-related information would be allowed at the event. By moving the event to Hong Kong, BitKan will allow all aspects of the event – including lectures and speeches – to take place as originally scheduled.
The event will also see the release of China’s first bitcoin documentary, which documents the rise of bitcoin in China’s economy.
Key guests at the summit include Jihan Wu, CEO of Bitmain, Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com, John McAfee, antivirus expert and outspoken privacy advocate, Leon Liu, CEO of BitKan, and other major names from the blockchain community.
Full details about the event can be seen on their website. Tickets are priced at ¥2680 (Standard Ticket) or ¥3888 (VIP Ticket), or about $400 to $600 USD per ticket.
BitKan is a long-running bitcoin trading and exchange platform catered to residents of China. The platform is available online through BitKan.com, but it’s particularly popular through the mobile app for Android.
Overall, the app emphasizes a multi-functional environment. You can conduct OTC trades or P2P trades, for example, view market news and candlestick charts, and even use the app to monitor the hashrate from your bitcoin miner.
To learn more about BitKan and how it works, visit BitKan.com today.