Bitproperty.io claims to be the future of real estate investment. Find out how this blockchain technology company works today in our Bitproperty review.
What Is BitProperty?
Bitproperty, found online at Bitproperty.io, claims to be a “modern and global investment opportunity” based on the power of real estate investment trusts, or REITs.
Specifically, Bitproperty is a distributed network of REITs run by digital tokens. You can purchase shares in REITs through digital tokens. The use of digital tokens makes the market more liquid and seamless – there are fewer transaction costs, which allows anyone to invest in the REITs of their choice.
Right now, the Bitproperty website is worded in some pretty awkward English. The very first sentence at the top of the website, for example, says, “Bitproperty is the futuer of REIT” (yes, the website spells future like that).
Other suspiciously-worded sentences include this one, also at the top of the front page:
“Everyone on the network can invest more faster at a low cost and create a new trading market of REIT.When you buy Bitproperty, you will obtain BTP tokens and also real estate ownership rights and payouts witch are awarded by smart contract.”
Obviously, a lot of blockchain projects are created by non-English speakers (Bitproperty is a Japan-based company). Let’s look past the spelling and grammar errors to find out why Bitproperty could be a smart investment opportunity.
How Does BitProperty Work?
Bitproperty is based on smart contracts. You buy real estate and real estate investment trusts (REITs) using digital tokens. Real estate ownership rights and payouts are controlled by smart contracts.
We’ve seen similar platforms in development across the blockchain community. Typically, these platforms “tokenize” real estate assets. They break up something like an apartment building into digital tokens. Investors can purchase those tokens to participate in the real estate economy without necessarily purchasing entire blocks of real estate.
In layman’s terms, platforms like Bitproperty allow you to diversify your investment in real estate markets around the world. Instead of buying a full apartment building in New York and a house in Shanghai, you can buy tokens that represent these assets – and that representation is controlled and secured through the use of smart contracts.
The Bitproperty marketplace relies around the following parties and features:
- Investor: The investor buys and trades assets on the Bitproperty platform.
- Bitproperty Exchange: Investors can buy BTP tokens from the Bitproperty exchange.
- BTP Tokens: BTP tokens are backed up by REITs.
- Online Wallet: BTP tokens are delivered to your personal online wallet.
- Dividend: Dividends are generated in bitcoin through proof of stake.
Bitproperty also has unique features like a renewable energy certificate and a renewable energy plant. The company’s Eco-REIT instruments use solar and wind energy. These clean energy sources generate a Renewable Energy Certificate in a smart contract.
Right now, Bitproperty doesn’t appear to be focusing on residential or commercial properties around the world. Instead, the company’s only listed real estate investment is for “mega solar”. Basically, the company wants to provide “eco-REIT” through the use of solar, wind, and hydroelectric power. In the future, however, they plan to offer conventional real estate investing opportunities.
Bitproperty advertises all of the following features:
- P2P: Bitproperty uses peer-to-peer technology with no central authority or bank required. All transactions are carried out across the blockchain.
- Trust: Blockchain technology, obviously, provides trustless transactions.
- Security: Blockchain technology is also prized for its security.
- Sustainability: “Investing in Eco-REIT helps provide a sustainable future for our world through encouraging and rewarding reusable green energy generation.”
- Liquidity: Bitproperty’s REITs can be bought and sold quickly and seamlessly over the platform’s marketplace. This creates more liquidity within the platform.
- BTP Tokens: BTP tokens will be released in the near future. The tokens will be used for all transactions on the platform. The developer has not yet announced a date for the token sale.
Who’s Behind BitProperty?
Bitproperty is registered to an address in the Seychelles. However, the company appears to be headquartered in Tokyo. The company’s official name is Bit Property Co. Ltd.
The company was launched in December 2015. You can view information about team members on their website. Or, contact the development team by email at [email protected]
Bitproperty is a blockchain-based marketplace for the purchase and exchange of real estate investment trusts, or REITs. These investment vehicles can be found in traditional marketplaces and stock exchanges. Japan-based Bitproperty, however, seeks to introduce the benefits of blockchain technology to the world of REIT trading.
Ultimately, the website is a little vague about the project so far, and we couldn’t find a whitepaper or any details about the upcoming BTP launch. The company does appear to be actively developing the platform – so expect to hear more information about the project in the near future.