Blockchain Gaming Platform BitGuild Moves Its PLAT Token From ERC-20 Standard To TRON’s Ecosystem
How To Migrate BitGuild’s PLAT Token From ERC 20 Standard To TRON’s Ecosystem
Bitizens, a gaming dApp, left Ethereum for TRON blockchain based gaming platform at the end of 2018 citing the later blockchain as a better and more efficient platform. The platform on which Bitizens is built, BitGuild, is now also moving to the TRON blockchain after an official announcement on its Medium blog.
BitGuild's Bitizens official page
BitGuild Native Token, PLAT, Migrates To TRON Ecosystem
BitGuild is planning a move to the TRON blockchain on May 10th, Friday this week, by migrating its native token (PLAT) to TRON. The report further confirmed that users will be able to migrate their PLAT tokens from the ERC 20 standard through the BitGuild portal.
To successfully migrate tokens to the TRON blockchain, users are required to have;
A warning note on the announcement urged users NOT to send their PLAT tokens from an exchange or cold wallet storage as they will lose their funds. Users can send the funds to their Metamask wallet or any other ERC 20 wallet to successfully migrate their tokens.
How To Successfully Migrate Your ERC 20 PLAT To TRC20 PLAT Tokens
An announcement released on Wednesday this week issued a step by step follow through on how ERC 20 PLAT holders should migrate their tokens to TRON blockchain.
Step By Step Plan To Obtain TRC 20 PLAT tokens
1. Open a Metamask wallet and securely store your private keys.
2. Visit the official PLAT Bitizens website.
3. Log in to your Metamask wallet. You will see your available PLAT balance, fill in the amount of PLAT you wish to migrate and press “SEND” button.
NB: You need a sufficient amount of ETH to pay the gas fees of the transaction.
5. Import your ETHEREUM (not PLAT) private key to the GuildWallet and you will receive your TRC 20 PLAT tokens in your wallet.
6. Withdraw the tokens to your TRON wallet.
Once you complete the steps you will see the available balance of PLAT tokens in your TRC 20 compatible wallet.