Blocklet Foundation Kit Release by Filament Aims for Efficient IoT Development on Blockchains
Filament, an enterprise that provides blockchain solutions for IoT development in payment channels and communication between devices. The company announced on their official social pages the launch of the Blocklet Foundation Kit that will ease the development of blockchain based IoT solutions. Filament developed the Blocklet Foundation Kit with an aim to provide efficient IoT connections and payments on the device through smart contract technology.
The executive VP of Filament, Frank Friesacher, praised the Blocklet Foundation Kit while voicing his opinions on the latest launch. The new Blocklet kit will offer entrenched users (developers) a better hands-on experience on developing a cheap, efficient and secure system on a decentralized platform. Frank further commented saying the Foundation Kit is a gateway to proof of concept and pilot projects in the blockchain industry.
“This new kit gives embedded developers hands-on experience to evaluate and demonstrate how IoT devices and sensors at the edge can integrate and securely transact in a blockchain without incurring the infrastructure overhead typically found in today's IoT and blockchain deployments.”
– Frank Friesacher, Executive VP at Filament.
One of the beneficiaries of the Blocklet Kit is Kleinschmidt Inc., electronic commerce, electronic data interchange, and value-added network services company. Speaking on the benefits of Blocklet, the executive VP of Operations and Business Development at the company said the features of the Kit can be leveraged to improve the supply and logistics systems of the company. The executive VP also thanked the Filament team for their partnership and unique solutions saying,
“Filament has been an exceptional resource in our exploration of blockchain technology and the proof of concept projects we have been conducting with our partners. […]Filament’s flexibility in working with our team to create solutions that fit within our environment makes them stand out as a provider.”
Elements of the Blocklet Foundation Kit
(This section is from Medium)
- A tablet computer preloaded with tools, applications and example scripts that allow an embedded developer to quickly experiment with Blocklet.
- IoT device with an integrated, interactive user interface that demonstrates how Blocklet provides an identity for legacy infrastructure components.
- Blocklet USB Enclaves that bring Blocklet’s features to existing hardware.
- A lightweight prewired IoT breadboard that includes a Blocklet UART module and ESP32 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth microcontroller, which provides a functional example of Blocklet operating in an embedded environment.
- Ethereum support and a robust embedded Software Development Kit (SDK).
The Accelerator Services from Filament
The Filament group also conducts consulting services through the Filament Accelerator Service that serves companies with blockchain solutions needs. Furthermore, the company supports the development of new products and assists the company integrates blockchain technologies to their enterprises. The consultation service also offers mentorship to the companies who lack prior blockchain solutions in their systems or need assistance in running their systems on a decentralized system.