Blockmarket Desktop refers to the public location for issue reporting built using Syscoin blockchain technology. Blockmarket is developed to replace the Syscoin Q.T. Wallet's customer facing certain functionality through the introduction of new features, such as email notifications and more. Though its source code is proprietary, this serves as a public repository for all beta releases for issue tracking up until the final product launch.
Blockmarket Desktop & Release Plans
The current Blockmarket Desktop version is actually the Beta 5a release. As the current version is a beta version, it means it is locked to testnet. The public can only use the product as a final product and report issues and bugs so the final release will accommodate the fixes for the issues, too. The final product launch is intended to launch within the 3rd quarter of the year 2017. The final version seeks to complete all the targeted features as well as move the encryption to the client side to fix the critical windows crash.
In the beta phase bugs, functionality failures, issues, areas of improvement, and other issues may come up. The main objective of Beta 5a is to act as a cross-platform testing on Mac as well as Windows. It also confirms that the core functionality works on those operating systems. Beta phase testing may also facilitate the refinement of features delivered in beta5. Even though the entire features are not included in beta 5a, the remaining features remain part of the Syscoin core and will be present in subsequent beta versions and the final release.
Architecture And Transformation Of Blockmarket Desktop
- At the lowest level is the Syscoin Core that includes Syscoin nodejs, which perform the core tasks and calculation.
- And at the next level above the core is a Syscoin A.P.I. server, which acts as an interface between the Core and an outside system or core UI.
- Next higher level is a set of wrapper programs. These lie between the Syscoin Core UI and the GUI of the application.
- The application GUI contains a Blockmarket desktop, Block market mobile-app, Blockmarket web-app, and a web wallet. Block market desk-top has a corresponding web application and a mobile app, too.
Each of these releases fixes bugs in the previous release as well as improves the functionalities of the product. As they are using new technologies for these releases, access to blockmarket for desktop is limited to testnet.
With the release of Blockmarket Desktop beta5, the following new features are added to older version beta4.
- Encrypted wallet support
- Category view as well as category chooser when creating or updating offers
- Many bug fixes as well as visual updates
- Initial UX improvements and startup performance
With this release, all functionalities are added as targeted to the product and are ready for the security audit to ensure the system runs as hassle free as possible. Beta5a is a special release for this audit purpose. Even during these audits, the core team continues adding usability tweaks, style updates, user experience polishing, and other non-security related enhancements and additional features before the release of Blockmarket-Desktop 1.0.