BlockTower Capital’s Latest Competition Seeks to Find the World’s Top Bitcoin Analysts
- Over the course of the past 12 months, BlockTower has been able to expand its operations and set-up an all-new office in New York City.
- According to company co-founder Matt Goetz, BlockTower currently has onboard a total of 10 full-time employees.
As most of our readers probably already know, since the crypto market came into the spotlight a couple of years back, there has been a massive surge in the number of analysts operating within this space. In this regard, it has just come to our notice that BlockTower Capital recently launched an all new ‘analyst competition’ — with the total winnings of the event currently touted to be around 3.5 BTC (or $27,000 approx).
How The Entire Thing Works…
Details regarding the competition were revealed late yesterday afternoon, with participants currently required to submit a “written investment recommendation on a crypto asset, blockchain project, or idea” — all after carrying out the due diligence processes required for drafting such a proposal”.
- The winner of the competition will be awarded two BTC or its cash equivalent
- The first and second runner up’s will receive one and 0.5 bitcoins respectively.
With the launch of this latest “talent hunt”, BlockTower Capital is looking to rope in independent talent operating within this industry. Also, it should be clearly pointed out that this is not the first time such an event has been organized by a big name player such as BlockTower, because earlier last year, hedge fund giant Citadel too hosted a Data Open competition through which it sought to lure in experts from the field of blockchain and crypto.
More Details Regarding the Event
- According to Matthew Goetz — co-founder of BlockTower — the winners of the above-stated event are not promised/guaranteed at the company. However, he does believe that the winners will be able to establish strong industry leads since they will get to interact with a number of professionals who have been operating within this space for nearly a decade.
- Goetz believes that over the course of the last 3-4 years, the crypto investment landscape has changed completely — with investors now looking at new strategies in “staking, market making and venture capital investing.”
- For those of our readers who might not be aware of Goetz’s credentials, he has previously worked at Goldman Sachs where he served as a portfolio manager.
- According to the rules of the competition, the winners will be given a chance to present their ideas directly to BlockTower’s top brass.
- Submissions for the competition are open until July 1.
Lastly, it should be pointed out that as things stand, a number of hedge funds are looking to hire industry professionals who have a background in blockchain development and crypto-enabled technologies. For example, Pantera Capital and Polychain Capital are both looking to find investment analysts and cryptocurrency engineers right now.