Bowhead Health – Medical Biometric Tests Smart Dispenser Blockchain?
Bowhead Health claims to be the first medical instrument powered by the blockchain. Find out what that means today in our Bowhead Health review.
What Is Bowhead Health?
Bowhead Health offers real-time biometric tests in a smart dispenser. It’s the world’s first blockchain-powered medical instrument. Bowhead’s device connects to the internet and monitors the health of individuals at home.
The health supplements market is valued at $200 billion annually, although there are still far too many generic solutions. We all take similar supplements – even though our bodies have vastly different needs.
That’s where Bowhead Health sees an opportunity. Their product allows anyone in the world to test their body and create a personalized solution to optimize their health.
The key advantage of Bowhead Health is that it uses the blockchain to secure patient data. Patients remain anonymous while still getting a fully customized solution. Users can choose to disclose their information for research, or keep it totally private. All user data is stored in smart contracts, and users always remain in full control of their data.
How Does The Bowhead Device Work?
Bowhead Health’s key product is the Bowhead device, or simply “Bowhead”. Bowhead connects to the internet and monitors the health of individuals in the home.
The device can also be used to acquire new knowledge for both patients and healthcare professionals. Patients can gain insights into their health problems, for example, and share crucial medical data with healthcare professionals.
One of the most attractive features of the Bowhead device, however, is that it can dispense personalized medicine. Initially, the device will dispense supplements and vitamins. In the future, however, it could dispense fully-customized prescriptions under medical supervision.
The device comes with a companion app for iOS and Android. That app allows users to see their data, interact with healthcare professionals, and get reminders to stay on their supplement schedule.
Over the past 18 months, Bowhead Health has developed prototypes for the Bowhead device, the mobile app, and test cartridges (the cartridges that contain vitamins and supplements).
The Bowhead Health Token Sale
Bowhead Health is organizing an ICO. During the ICO, 40 million of the 100 million AHT tokens will be sold.
The ICO is scheduled to last between July 17 and August 31, 2017.
There are no minimum investment goals or maximum caps. Tokens are priced at $0.65 per AHT. Early investors can get bonuses on the first 15 million tokens sold.
Some of the core features of the Bowhead platform include all of the following:
- Decentralized Security: Your health data is stored across decentralized Bowhead nodes, with keys that only you, your loved ones, or your trusted health provider can access.
- Built-in Rewards: You can choose to share your anonymized data with researchers, then receive proceeds from that research. 70% of the funds paid by researchers will be given to patients, while 30% is distributed back to Bowhead tokenholders. In other words, you can contribute your data to the platform and reap the rewards while still being fully anonymous.
- Interoperability: Blockchain technology allows for your healthcare records to be updated across different platforms, hospital systems, and services.
- Companion App: Bowhead has a companion app available for iOS and Android. You can track and optimize your health over the mobile app.
- Roadmap for Health: Track your body’s tests, then receive expert medical advice based on that information.
- Anonymized Patient Data: Lease your patient data to researchers in an anonymized way, secured by smart contracts.
- Full Health Data Control: Decide who, what, when, where, and how individuals and organizations interact with your health data.
- 360 Degrees of Health Data: Bowhead receives data from at-home test kits, remote test kits, and qualitative data via easy-to-use surveys. This gives the platform a 360 degree view (i.e. a holistic view) of your health.
- Expert Insights: With Bowhead, you can access a community of expert medical/naturopathic doctors and wellness coaches.
- Friendly Reminders: Get reminders that help you stay up-to-date on your medicine, nutrition, and supplements.
About Bowhead Health
Bowhead is a Canada-based company led by a team of medical doctors, biochemistry and data scientists, software and robotics engineers, designers, and wellness coaches.
Key members of the team include Dr. Rhea Mehta (CEO), Dr. Francisco Diaz-Mitoma (Chairman), Saul Bueno (CTO), Francisco Diaz-Mitoma Jr. (Head of Product), and David Bueno (Manufacturing Lead).
The name of the company, by the way, comes from the Bowhead whale – the world’s longest living mammal. The bowhead whale lives to be over 200 years old.
Bowhead Health Conclusion
Bowhead was launched with the goal of putting healthcare in the hands of patients. It allows you to track your health data, share your health data with trusted individuals (like loved ones or your doctor), or even profit from your health data by selling it (in an anonymized way) to healthcare researchers and data scientists.
The Bowhead platform consists of a smart device that goes in your home, as well as a mobile app. In addition to letting you store and manage healthcare data, the smart device can be used to dispense vitamins and supplements customized to the unique needs of your body. In the future, it may even be able to dispense customized medicine based on doctors’ prescriptions.
Overall, Bowhead Health claims to be the first medical instrument powered by the blockchain. You can read the company’s whitepaper to learn more about their unique technology.