BTC.com is a mobile and web wallet available for Android and iOS. It’s also a bitcoin API, a popular block explorer, and a mining pool. Find out everything you need to know about BTC.com today.
What is BTC.com?
BTC.com is an online platform that offers a number of services to the bitcoin community. The platform was founded in 2015 under the name Blocktrail. In July 2016, Blocktrail was acquired by Bitmain and re-branded to BTC.com.
Today, BTC.com is responsible for blockchain innovations like full pay-per-share (FPPS), a system that gives higher transaction fees to miners.
BTC.com is best known for its wallet (available for iOS and Android), as well as its bitcoin API, block explorer, and mining pool. Let’s take a closer look at each of BTC.com’s features.
The BTC.com Wallet
BTC.com’s wallet is one of the most popular wallets in the bitcoin community. Available for iOS and Android, the wallet features multi-signature support and local private key generation. Transactions are signed on your device so BTC.com never has to see your private keys.
The wallets are also Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) wallets, which means you can create an unlimited number of addresses to help protect your privacy without the need for multiple private key backups. The system will generate new addresses for change and fund requests automatically.
If you used the Blocktrail wallet in the past, then the BTC.com wallet is identical. The wallet was just rebranded after Bitmain’s acquisition in July 2016.
As with other mobile wallets, BTC.com’s wallet lets you access your funds anywhere, anytime using the mobile app. Here are some of the key features of the wallet:
- 2 or 3 multi-signature technology is available to ensure you stay in control of your funds (2 or 3 separate signatures are required before your funds can be transferred)
- HD wallet technology lets you create an unlimited number of addresses, including anonymous accounts
- Send and receive bitcoin easily using the contacts on your phone
- Live updates for new transactions and your balance
- View your full transaction history with the price at the time of the transaction
- Scan QR codes to send or receive money
- PIN protection
- Send requests via email and SMS
- Personalize your account so your friends can quickly and easily identify you
- Backup everything to protect against disaster scenarios – like the loss or destruction of your phone
- Display your account total in your local currency using live price updates
BTC.com Block Explorer
The BTC.com block explorer lets you view real-time and historical data on bitcoin addresses, transactions, and economy. Some of the key features include:
- Mentions: View all mentions for a particular bitcoin address.
- Stats: Check all stats for a bitcoin address.
- Search via QR: Search for a particular QR code in one click, directly from the homepage.
BTC.com Bitcoin Block Explorer Mining Pool
BTC.com launched a mining pool in September 2016. The mining pool is known for its FPPS mining technique, which is a key innovation.
With FPPS mining, miners make more money. FPPS stands for full pay per share. It was designed to benefit miners through the use of high transaction fees. FPPS calculates a standard transaction fee within a certain period, then adds it into regular block rewards (12.5 BTC per block). Then, the fee is distributed to miners according to standard pay per share (PPS) mode. This method retains the advantages of PPS while paying more to miners by sharing transaction fees.
The end result of FPPS is that miners tend to earn 7 to 11% more on average.
BTC.com Bitcoin Block Explorer Statistics
BTC.com has a detailed statistics page where you can view statistics for pool distribution, difficulty, block size, transaction fees, block version, address rich list, and more. That page is available at https://btc.com/stats
Some of the stats viewable on the BTC.com stats page include:
- Pool Distribution: View the hash rate, share, and historical trends for each pool.
- Difficulty: Check historical difficulty information and the next change predictions.
- Transaction Fees: View daily transaction fees, percentages (transaction fees/block reward), and actual Tx fees.
- Address Rich List: View addresses, balance distribution, and the top richest addresses.
- Block Size: View block size, Tx count, and size.
- Block Version: View the latest 1,000 block version and historical trends.
- Unconfirmed Transaction: View the current best Tx fees and the distribution of unconfirmed Tx fees.
Whether you want to see each pool’s realtime hashrate, or watch the blockchain community change in real time, BTC.com has a surprising amount of stats at your fingertips.
Bitmain Technologies is a bitcoin company founded in 2013. Some believe Bitmain to be the world’s most valuable bitcoin company. Bitmain acquired Blocktrail in July 2016, incorporating Blocktrail into BTC.com.
Bitmain is headquartered in Beijing, but maintains offices throughout China and other countries. Today, the company is best-known for its mining equipment, including the Antminer S9, released in May 2016. The company continues to push the boundaries of bitcoin mining by developing efficient computing chips, high-density server equipment, and largescale parallel computing software.
You can contact the company by email at email@example.com.