What Is CoinDesk Consensus 2018 Blockchain Summit?
Consensus 2018 is an upcoming annual blockchain technology summit that is being hosted by digital media conglomerate CoinDesk. The event is scheduled to start on the 14th of may and conclude on the 16th of the same month.
The venue of choice is the New York Hilton Midtown where over 250 speakers will be presenting their ideas and opinions on the blockchain as well as other facets of the crypto domain. Judging from last years performance, this year's event is expected to draw in a crowd of anywhere between 4000-5000 people from various startups, financial institutions etc.
In addition to this, there will also be a large delegation of enterprise tech leaders and academics who will look to educate participants about the foundations of the blockchain and specialized fields such as ‘digital currency economy’.
As per the official website, there will be a host of different topics that will be covered during the course of the 3 day conference.
Following the registration event that will take place on the 14th, the main agenda will cover blockchain related topics such as:
- From Crypto Fiat to RegTech: Government Use of Blockchain Technology
- Equity or Coins? What doe the future seem to favor…
- What is a Token Economy and how does it work?
- How the mining industry can be reinvigorated and remodelled.
- How to strike a balance between Privacy and Compliance.
CoinDesk Consensus 2018 Speakers
Some of the main speakers who are scheduled to attend Consensus 2018 include:
Better known as the co-founder of Blockstack— a blockchain portal which allows for the streamlined creation of decentralized apps— Muneeb is an alumni of Princeton University, where he specialized in the field of distributed systems.
He is the Founder and CEO of eToro— a social trading and multi asset brokerage company. Yoni has been in the digital sector for over a decade and has previously worked at various blockchain-based startups as a mentor and advisor.
She is the executive director of JP Morgan's Blockchain Center of Excellence. Prior to her joining JP Morgan, Amber spent many years working for some of the biggest names in the tech industry.
Some of the other big names that will be attending the event include:
- Perianne Boring: Founder & President — Chamber of Digital Commerce
- Robert B. Carter: Executive Vice President + Information Services & Chief Information Officer FedEx Corporation
- Michael Casey: Chairman, MIT Media Labs Digital Currency Initiative
- Bobby Cho: Global Head of Trading Cumberland
- Jordan Clifford: Co-Founder & Managing Director of Scalar Capital
- Jack Dorsey: Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer & Chairman of Twitter and Square.
CoinDesk Consensus 2018 NY Event Registration
There are 4 primary ticketing avenues that one can avail of.
Industry Personnel Ticket:
Ticket holders will be required to show some evidence that they are affiliated with a registered business. The price of a single ticket is $1799.
This ticket can be used by Corporate clients, crypto Investors, Institutional Investors, Law Firms and Service Providers. The price of each ticket is currently valued at $2,499.
This ticket is meant only for personnel who work directly with a government entity. The price of this ticket is currently set at $999.
This ticket is only meant for active students or people employed directly by a university. The price is set at $999.
To make a purchase, users can visit the official Coindesk website and follow the instructions outlined there.
Payments can be processed via a number of secure avenues including Visa, PayPal etc.