Content Coin claims to be the world’s first VR/AR coin. Find out everything you need to know about Content Coin today in our review.
What Is Content Coin?
Content Coin is a company that offers a range of blockchain-based solutions catered to the virtual and augmented reality industries.
The world of media and entertainment is gradually moving from print and regular audio/visual media into a world of VR and AR. Content Coin wants to be the ecosystem for that new reality.
Today, the VR industry is valued at around $2.5 billion. Within two years, it could be valued as high as $5 billion, according to a news report on Content Coin.
In order to facilitate that growth, however, the VR and AR industries need to access certain tools. The costs of producing VR/AR content are much higher than the costs of producing regular content. That means VR/AR content producers need to monetize their content in new ways – like through micropayments.
Today’s payment platforms aren’t ideal for dealing with all forms of transactions. That’s where cryptocurrencies can be helpful. With Content Coin, both content creators and VR/AR consumers can benefit.
Content Coin was created by Blockphase, an international company that has experience across the blockchain, entertainment, and digital media industries. The company has scheduled an ICO for Content Coin. Content Coin is part of the over-arching Blockphase Initiative.
The Content Coin ICO
Content Coin has some ambitious goals. In order to achieve those goals, the company behind Content Coin has announced the launch of an ICO campaign. The campaign allows investors to take part in the growing VR/AR industry. Through the ICO, the cryptocurrency platform intends to raise a minimum of $250,000.
That money will be put towards creating a web and mobile destination for hosting professional, 360-degree video content and short films – kind of like YouTube but for 3D videos.
The ICO campaign also has milestones in place where they plan to add new features. After $400,000 and $750,000, for example, there are milestones, as well as after $1 million and $3 million.
There will be a total supply of 100,000,000 CTENT. 160 CTENT will equal 1 ETH, and 2850 CTENT will equal 1 BTC.
Content Coin Benefits For Content Consumers
Content Coin promises to offer all of the following benefits to content consumers:
- Keep it Simple: Consumers enjoy a 100% frictionless buyer experience, where consumers are not distracted by tons of annoying steps.
- Purchasing Power: Consumers are incentivized to use Content Coin (CTENT) to purchase digital content, giving consumers additional value with their purchases.
- Increasing Value: As more content creators and consumers use Content Coin, the demand will cause CTENT to increase in value, which means consumers have more purchasing power.
- Safety: Purchases made using Content Coin are safe from the security issues associated with online purchases today.
- Support What Matters: Content Coin wants to give users the ability to support the artists they like without giving a huge percentage to app stores or by shoving advertisements in front of users while watching content.
- “Earn Endless Rewards”: Content Coin lets you earn rewards for all active accounts you refer to the platform. You can earn rewards for every piece of content you purchase, every review written, every vote cast, and more.
About Content Coin
Content Coin is part of the Blockphase Initiative, described on the official Blockphase.com website as “a revolution in digital content distribution”.
The initiative involves the creation of the world’s first decentralized blockchain-based digital content distribution and management platform for virtual reality and 360 video creators. That platform will be called the PhaseRight VR System, and it will allow digital content creators to protect, manage, and monetize their work using blockchain technology.
The company was founded in 2016.
Content Coin Conclusion
Content Coin plans to revolutionize the VR and AR industries by creating a currency that passes between content creators and content producers. The coin will encourage the development of VR and AR content. To facilitate the use of the coin, the Blockphase Initiative is creating a video platform where producers can share their professional 360 degree videos and short films.
Ultimately, the VR industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that is expected to double in value in two years. Content Coin wants to earn a slice of the industry by becoming the go-to video hub for 360 degree videos online.