Crypto Coin Trader : Joe Blackburn’s Facebook Group + Collective?
The cryptocurrency world has sparked large online and offline communities of early adopters fascinated by the potential of Blockchain. Many investors from diverse backgrounds have found friends, mentors and purpose in these communities.
Crypto Coin Trader is one such online community which started from a clique of four friends and has now become a massive 100,000 member community.
About Crypto Coin Trader
Crypto Coin Trader(CCT) has grown to be one of the largest and most influential social media platforms in Crypto. Their creator and co-founder, Joe Blackburn, has a vast history in social media and community building and has advised over 20 Blockchain related projects.
The facebook page of CCT was created in an act of mutiny when Joe Blackburn along with 3 of his close friends, Ben Barlow, Nate Flanders and Justin Hart, when they were tired of being silenced and brushed off in other Facebook crypto groups. The four friends have now grown to be influencers in the crypto world.
Features of CCT Community
- Active members: The Facebook group currently has a little over 100,000 members and they easily receive close to 500-600 requests a day. They accept new members at an average of about 65-70% approval rate. Membership requests goes up when BTC goes up.
- Long-term investors vs day traders: Short to medium posts in the community are more prevalent, but as the long-term holders see their patience pay off, they show up too. However, the volatility of the crypto market favours day traders.
- Investment stage of the members: Most of the veterans tend to leave the platform as they get familiarized with the concepts. The numbers of beginners have been increasing and there is an overwhelming majority of newcomers(6 months or less).
- Geographical membership trends: The community is extremely diverse, from people from varied cultures and countries who get together for similar goals.
- Male vs Female ratio: The male to female ratio is 94% male to 6% female. This may seem extremely skewed but the number of female members has been growing. At one point of time there were only 1.8% girls in the group.
- Age brackets: The largest age group is 25-34 with 42% of the members followed by 18-24 which has about 21%. Third largest group is 35-44 with 19%.
- Most asked questions: “Which coin should I buy?” is the most asked question and it is asked in such a frequency that 99% of them end up being deleted. As far as genuine questions go, the most asked ones are about the ins and outs of specific ICOs
Crypto Coin Trader Conclusion
As the founders are all from small towns, they wanted to give CCT an online feel of a small town. They have been successful in doing so as this the community feels closely knit together. Now that the community has gotten big, they are planning to host the community from their own site https://cryptocointrader.com/ and if you want to see the repository of useful trading information you can visit their Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/218612071968287/