Crypto Exhibition In New York Showcases STEEM Blockchain DApps
Crypto Exhibition In New York Showcases A Range Of STEEM DApps
Between July 20th and August 15th, The Crypto Renaissance was hosted by Sandbox. The event brought together a range of new projects developed on the STEEM blockchain and showcased their use cases in the context of modern content creation and syndication.
All of the work and projects exhibited were developed by global members of Sndbox's cryptocurrency incubator. Members were tasked with learning and leveraging new applications built on the Steem blockchain to empower and finance their art, architecture, design, music, writing and more. They showed the work that came out of the incubator and the powerful decentralized applications that made them a reality.
Steem is an online network designed to reward engagement through social applications. Publishers can earn Steem by sharing work and curating the work of others across a broad range of apps – anything from blogging, to video, livestreaming, photography, music, code or even product reviews. Unlike the likes and hearts we know and love today, this social network is not owned by a single company. Instead, Steem is designed and owned by the people who use and earn it.
The Steem blockchain is about to get a whole lot better. Check out this detailed summary of improvements coming in Steem's next big blockchain upgrade.@SteemNetwork #steemit #blockchain #cryptocurrency #hardforkhttps://t.co/a4BLEASToi
— steemit (@steemit) August 9, 2018
Notable Steem Projects In The Event
Hosted and conceptualized by the Sndbox cryptocurrency innovator, the exhibition’s featured projects were all developed by group members, and they focused on ways of leverage the Steem blockchain to create financing and empowerment architecture for different creative endeavors.
- Steemit: At the exhibition, Steemit naturally attracted the most attention as the first social media platform based on a previously theoretical cryptocurrency incentive framework. Designed to operate as a part-news platform, part-Facebook, Steemit enables content creators to earn Steem for publishing content, and all users can be rewarded financially for merely upvoting content.
- Utopian: Utopian garnered significant attention as a decentralized platform that incentivizes open source projects by using a vote-based reward protocol using Steem.
- Fundition: Also operating in a similar space as Utopian is Fundition, a crowdfunding platform where creators looking for support to develop their innovations can also access funding through Steem donations.
- Steepshot: Steepshot is a photo-based social app. Here, selfie-takers and filter fanatics can earn crypto by publishing their images.
- Busy: Busy is a crypto-powered blogging app. You can browse articles made by your favorite authors and publish your own.
- SteemPress: SteemPress is a WordPress plugin that connects any blog to Steem. With it, writers can tokenize their existing website.
- DTube: DTube is a crypto-powered video platform. Here, users can upload videos within an ad-free, and censorship-resistant community.
- DSound: DSound is web platform that enables its users to discover, upload, and listen to music that is built on an IPFS network.