Welcome to our Edge news page. Here you'll find some of our featured Edge Wallet content pieces as well as all our latest Edge Blockchain posts.
Edge Wallet Adds Bitcoin Cash BCH Along With Multi-Crypto Assets
This year (2018) could be a defining moment for digital wallets in the crypto space. With more people concerned about the security of their digital assets, a lot is happening as far as cryptocurrency wallet goes. To begin with, Bitcoin.com wallet will soon reach 2 million downloads after its integration with Shapeshift. And more recently, the San Diego-based company Edge, launched its wallet with claims of “a private, secure, open-source, and easy to use multi-asset wallet.”
Edge Releases A Live Digital Wallet
According to Edge CEO Paul Puey, who announced the release, “After over a year of intense development and over three months in a limited release beta, our highly anticipated multi-asset wallet is now available for all to use.”
For most bitcoin enthusiasts, Edge resembles Airbitz, a popular digital wallet that doubles up as a bitcoin directory. Airbitz was launched in 2014 and one year down the road, the company had “packaged up the tools that make the Airbitz wallet awesome into a software development kit (SDK) that developers could use for their own applications. Our ‘Edge Security’ SDK has been integrated into top-tier blockchain projects such as Augur, Wings, and Openledger.”
With the SDK reliance in place, the company focused more on security and by Fall 2017, it declared the name and emphasis change.
The Brain Behind Edge Wallet
Mr. Puey is voice of authority within the crypto space, being an investor and a top speaker at global cryptocurrency conferences. Every person in the crypto space recognizes the value of digital wallets and Mr. Puey views Edge wallet as a vessel that will simplify user experience and help maintain security. User holdings usually run to thousands of dollars or fiat money, which makes the storage platform a very important concern.
The cost of not having a proper security is high, as can seen in the recent examples of Parity, Nicehash, and Coincheck.
“Edge is an integration of three core offerings: a hyper-secure and private personal vault, a friendly usable interface for blockchain networks and services, and a single sign-on solution for decentralized applications,” Mr. Puey emphasizes.
Edge Wallet Adds BCH Along With Multi-Crypto Assets
Against that backdrop, Airbitz/Edge maintains an excellent security record. Edge seeks to have a local support for various cryptocurrencies including bitcoin cash, ether, wing tokens, bitcoin core, dash, augur REP, and Litecoin.
“We’re also the only multi-asset mobile wallet that allows users to manually add ERC-20 tokens that we don’t natively support,” together with “support for Segregated Witness (SegWit) transactions for both Bitcoin and Litecoin,” something that bitcoin supporters have been yearning for.
In addition, and similar to Bitcoin.com wallet, Edge includes “tightly integrated support for Shapeshift! This will allow users to seamlessly convert funds between the various digital assets and tokens we support.”
Edge’s roadmap includes integrating some of the very user-friendly features of Airbitz wallet “such as fiat exchanges and mobile top-ups.” The company now banks on Edge, that “a hypothetical user with no digital asset of any kind will be able to download our application for free on iOS or Android, exchange their fiat for Bitcoin, Shapeshift their Bitcoin into Ether and Augur REP, and finally use our wallet to log into our Augur—a decentralized application. Within Augur, the user will see and transact with the same Ether and REP that they hold in their Edge Wallet,” for instance.
With all these features in place, the digital wallet is advancing and decentralization is getting better.
Which digital wallet are you using? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Edge Secure Blockchain Wallet Adds Bitcoin Cash + More Crypto Assets
Digital wallets mobile applications are a must for holders of digital assets. However making a secure digital wallet, which is easy to use, is easier said than done. There have been numerous instances of security breaches for digital wallets in the past. Another problem that Digital Wallet was notoriously infamous for in the past was that they were very hard to use, especially for beginners.
Edge Wallet aims to solve these problems by making one of the most secure, private an easy to use digital wallet available in the market.
About The Edge Wallet
Edge, formerly known as Airbitz distinguished itself from your typical middle-of-the-road cryptocurrency wallet by providing accessible, familiar and secure features. They provide a secure client-side security which gives them an advantage over a more traditional centralized server-side security solutions.
Centralized server-side security is highly vulnerable to data breaches which results in the theft of personal information of the clients. Edge thus gives the users a significantly higher control of data.
Airbitz relaunched as Edge Wallet after incorporating an innovative modular architecture that can interact with most top digital assets. It took them a year of intense development period and 3 months of limited release Beta to make this transition.
Edge Secure Blockchain Wallet Features
Edge’s core mission is to be the most secure and private wallet without being hard to use. The features listed below demonstrates how Edge does this:
- Client-Side Encryption: A user’s data is encrypted on the device before it reaches the servers. Edge as a company does not have any knowledge of a client’s information and it protect the data from server-side attacks and malwares.
- Private: Edge doesn’t collect Email, phone number or IDs to sign up. Their cutting edge security architecture enables this.
- 2-Factor Authentication: This increases security by only allowing logins from previously logged in devices. Even if a user’s Username and Password get stolen, the malicious actor will not be able to login.
- Password Recovery: Losing passwords can be disastrous for holders of digital assets. Users can recover their password with just two questions and an E-mail.
- Automatic Backup: Once the account has been encrypted, Edge automatically backs it up.
- API/SDK: If you are a developer looking for key management solution, you can integrate Edge Security API/SDK in your product with just five lines of code.
- Multiple Assets Compatible: Most top digital assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash and many more are supported by Edge.
- Multiple Device Compatibility: A user can seamlessly login using multiple devices with PIN or Touch ID.
- Easy Moving of Assets: In a few easy steps, any user can exchange one blockchain asset for another.
- Transparent: The source code of their product is available on their website for anyone to look at and scrutinize.
- In-App Buy or Sell: You can exchange your fiat money for digital assets in the application itself. This functionality is not available right now but will be in the future.
- Customer Support: Edge Wallet has user’s best interest in mind and gives unparalleled customer support which is available 24*7.
Edge Wallet Adds BCh + More Crypto Assets Conclusion
Edge gets acclaim from both amateurs and professionals alike. Chris Groshong, President of CoinStructive called it the most friendly mobile Bitcoin wallet app available in the market.
The application is available to download on IOS and android devices. You can find out more about the product on their website: edgesecure.co/.