Dragonchain, found online at DragonChain.com, is a business-ready blockchain platform and ecosystem. Find out how it works today in our review.
What Is Dragonchain?
Dragonchain describes itself as “blockchain business magic”. The developers claim to have created “the most secure, flexible, business ready blockchain platform.”
Like many companies in the blockchain industry, Dragonchain caters its platform to businesses who have heard about the benefits of blockchain technology, but aren’t sure how to implement blockchain into their existing systems.
With that in mind, Dragonchain has created a secure, scalable, decentralized platform that can be implemented into any business.
The platform was initially developed by employees at Disney in 2015 and 2016, before being released as open source software in late 2016. Today, the developers of Dragonchain seek to introduce that platform to companies around the world as a turnkey blockchain solution.
The Dragonchain token sale for Dragon tokens is underway between October 2 and November 2.
How Does Dragonchain Work?
Dragonchain consists of three core components:
The core Dragonchain platform is built on a scalable, serverless platform with built-in protection of business data using established programming languages, like Java, Python, Node, and C#. It’s designed to be developer friendly.
The Dragonchain incubator gives clients early access to projects. These projects are supported by an ecosystem of subject matter experts and blockchain enthusiasts.
Dragonchain marketplace consists of an ecosystem of pre-built library smart contracts, qualified vendors, specialized experts, and incubated projects. This component provides businesses with access to critical resources through an open marketplace
Businesses retain complete control of their data while using the Dragonchain platform. Sensitive business logic and smart contract functionality is kept proprietary. Obviously, this is a major issue for many businesses as they seek to adopt blockchain technology.
Dragonchain Features & Benefits
Overall, Dragonchain aims to be a turnkey blockchain platform for businesses. Here are some of the core features and benefits:
- Serverless system and smart contracts
- Established language support for smart contracts, including support for Java, Python, Node, C#, Go, etc.)
- Scalable (Amazon AWS and Google deployments)
- Secure (protection of business data and operations)
- Advanced currency implementations
- Smart contract libraries
- Lower development costs due to the utilization of existing programming languages
- Faster speed to market
- Significantly higher levels of security
- Higher scalability
Uses For Dragonchain
Some of the proposed uses for Dragonchain include the following:
- Identity systems, including privacy, security, and confidentiality factors
- Rights expression and licensing, including digital media entitlements and user-focused digital rights management (DRM)
- Decentralized processing, computing, and storage infrastructure
- Voting systems
- E-discovery capable record-keeping systems
- Legal functions, including using smart contracts to encode legal agreements between parties
- Auditing, including reporting and compliance
- Enterprise systems, including shared data with restricted multi-tenancy, real-time enterprise governance, moving data to the edge, configuration management, and enterprise analytics
- Peer to peer financial derivatives management, including futures, credit and interest rate swaps, bonds, and options
- And more
Ultimately, like any blockchain, there are a near-limitless number of potential uses for Dragonchain. The developers have published a more extensive list of possible use cases on dragonchain.github.io/blockchain-use-cases.
The DragonChain Token Sale
Dragonchain’s token sale is taking place between October 2 and November 2.
The Dragonchain token sale will see the release of 55% of the total supply of Dragon tokens (Dragons). 238,421,940 Dragons will be sold to the public through the token sale.
A further 20% of tokens are reserved for the team (86,698,887 Dragons), 10% for a reserve fund (43,349,444), 10% for the foundation (43,349,444), and 5% for the DragonFund (21,674,722).
The DragonFund Incubator, by the way, aims to provide project incubation and professional services to develop tokenization ecosystems.
The token sale is open to all citizens, including US and non-US citizens. You can contribute using ETH or BTC.
Who’s Behind DragonChain?
Dragonchain is led by architect, founder, and CEO Joe Roets, who has previously worked for Disney, Lockheed Martin, the FBI, DOD, Bloq, Symbiont, and Overstock.
Other key members of the team include George Sarhanis (Chief Business Officer and Founder), and Brandon Kite (Lead Developer).
The concept for Dragonchain was originally developed at Disney’s Seattle office in 2015 and 2016 under the name “Disney Private Blockchain Platform”. The platform was later released as open source software in October 2016.
DragonChain, Inc. is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington.
Dragonchain, originally known as Disney Dragonchain or as Disney Private Blockchain Platform, is a business-ready blockchain platform. It’s a turnkey solution businesses can use to add blockchain technology to their existing systems.
The Dragonchain token sale for Dragon tokens is underway throughout October. To learn more about the platform and its project, visit online today at DragonChain.com.