EMJAC: A Sustainable Future Empowered by DLT?
EMJAC is actively working towards a digitized platform that will help convert global waste into renewable energy. In its quest to achieve this objective, the platform has become a global R&D leader focusing on recycling tires collected from around the world and transforming them into Clean and Renewable energy sources.
In the process of achieving all this, the company has developed an operating mission aimed at driving all its activities. The mission covers aspects such as:
- Leveraging upcoming blockchain technology to help it solve the current tire stockpile collected from around the world
- Providing a trading platform and solution that targets waste tire suppliers. The solution aims to address matters pertaining to the sourcing of products, supplies, and logistics.
- Creating value from the tire waste to reduce illegal dumping of used tires
- Enhancing the volume of global waste tires recycled each year. Its recycling initiative intends to do this in a manner that is eco-friendly.
The Blockchain Project
In an attempt to achieve what other companies have tried to achieve with no success, EMJ intends to integrate the ETH blockchain environment. The integration is crucial, as it will assist in the running and operations of smart contracts. It will also help the platform protect and bridge the existing gap between its token holders and EMJ tokens.
By relying on the decentralized nature of the blockchain ecosystem, EMJ will finally get to improve traceability and transparency as far as management of global waste tires goes. Importantly, the project will make it possible for the project managers to do away with the illegal dumping of waste tires.
Besides, it aims to:
- Enhance the accountability of production and logistics
- Improve environment protection practices
- Guarantee that the carbon and energy trapped in all waste tires gets reused and fully recovered
The marketplace created by EMJ will facilitate direct and improved trading for both B2B and P2P collection, shipping, and procurement of global waste tires. Apart from production, it is also expected to help enhance the shipping and sale of recycled tires across various countries across the world.
It is a digital project aimed to assist in solving an ongoing set of problems. The project leaders have identified the following set of problems.
Problems to solve
Did you know that more than 2 billion tires get produced each year? The number continues to increase with each passing year. What is worrying is that despite the production numbers increasing, no efforts are in place to increase the recycling of the waste tires. Statistics indicate that less than 30 percent of all tires produced each year gets recycled.
The numbers are worrying as it means that all these tires eventually end up in landfills where their previous owners poorly dispose of them. EMJ wants to ensure that more tires get recycled. The efforts instituted by EMJ through its digital platforms will help make sure that as many tires as possible get recycled.
By integrating the blockchain ecosystem, EMJ is in a position to reduce the volume of tires filling up landfills. Recycling also ensures that less global waste is redirected to third world countries or is illegally dumped in the oceans.