eToro Successfully Issues Tokenized Assets on Facebook’s Libra Protocol
- A large number of cryptocurrency experts who have released their personal analyses of Libra have lambasted the digital offering’s native technical characteristics.
- In the past, a number of altcoin analysts have stated that the release of LibraCoin will help spur the growth of Bitcoin adoption across the globe — since it will expose an all new segment of people to this burgeoning asset class.
According to a blog post released a couple of days back, UK-based trading platform ‘eToro’ has successfully conducted a token issuance trial on FB’s much hyped Libra protocol.
Also, in regards to this entire development, it should be pointed out that as per eToro’s Github repository data, the firm was recently able to debut its eToken on Libra in a smooth, hassle free manner. For those of our readers who may not be aware of what ‘eToken’ is, it is essentially a digital currency that supports all of eToro’s native tokenized assets.
“By exploring Libra’s capabilities, and using Move IR (the intermediary representative layer of what will eventually be the final programming language), they successfully managed to implement an initial version of eToro tokenized assets on the Libra Network,”
- Libra is FBs first commercial attempt to gain a foothold within the global cryptocurrency ecosystem.
- A number of U.S senators have requested the FCA to halt Facebook’s ongoing altcoin dev activities so that they can assess whether the multinational is working in accordance with the guidelines laid out by the SEC (in regards to cryptocurrencies).
- According to a number of insider sources, the above stated trials are all set to commence sometime next month (July).
- In a recent interview with eToroX’s Dr. Omri Ross, Libra’s early developments have been very promising (to say the least), it now remains to be seen how Facebook navigates today’s ever evolving crypto terrain from here on out.
Facebook Crypto News and Libra Coin Updates