Foley's Crypto Survey Reveals 86% Of Investors Want Self-Policing Industry

In a 2018 Cryptocurrency Survey by Foley & Lardner LLP, it is clear that executives and investors in the crypto world want regulation to help them feel more secure in this ever-changing environment. This need is completely opposite of Satoshi Nakamoto’s original vision for Bitcoin and the crypto community, who wanted the tokens to maintain their stance outside of the banking system and without sovereign control.

The survey provides many important statistics that enthusiasts should pay attention to in the coming year. For example, while 43% of participants believe that Bitcoin has the greatest likelihood for POS purchases, only 35% believe that it is the best investment opportunity. In fact, it is beat out by Ethereum at 38%.

Despite the risks of investing the cryptocurrency platforms available, 58% of those surveyed were not deterred. However, regarding the use of formalized self-regulation in the industry, an overwhelming high 89% were in favor of the notion. Of that percentage, barely half of those in favor of regulation believed that it “should be subject to regulatory oversight.” The other 11% are completely against any type of self-regulations.

These results are a few months old and were published before the US SEC decided that Bitcoin and Ethereum were not considered security tokens. It is not clear on whether the survey impacted the decision.

View the above-referenced survey in its entirety at foley.com/files/uploads/Foley-Cryptocurrency-Survey.pdf.

Get Free Email Updates!

*Action* Enter Best Email to Get Trending Crypto News & Bitcoin Market Updates

I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Avatar
Bitcoin Exchange Guide News Team
B.E.G. Editorial Team is a gracious group of giving cryptocurrency advocates and blockchain believers who want to ensure we do our part in spreading digital currency awareness and adoption. We are a team of over forty individuals all working as a collective whole to produce around the clock daily news, reviews and insights regarding all major coin updates, token announcements and new releases. Make sure to read our editorial policies and follow us on Twitter, Join us in Telegram. Stay tuned. #bitcoin

[Alert] Use the author's self-conducted information at your own risk, do you own research, never invest more than you are willing to lose.

[Disclosure] The published news and content on BitcoinExchangeGuide should never be used or taken as financial investment advice. Understand trading cryptocurrencies is a very high-risk activity which can result in significant losses. Editorial Policy \\ Investment Disclaimer

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

3,468FansLike
2,795FollowersFollow
4,232FollowersFollow

Live Bitcoin Price & Latest BTC Charts

Today's Latest Crypto News

Deregulating Bitcoin May Increase Speculative Trading Instead of Technical Innovation: Japan’s New Top Financial Regulator

Ryozo Himino, the new top financial regulator of Japan, wants the country to take caution over promoting digital assets, arguing that instead of promoting...

Goldman Sachs New Digital Asset Manager Reveals Plans to Bring A ‘Digital Token' to the Bank

U.S. financial giant Goldman Sachs is pushing forward its plans to launch a digital asset with the appointment of its new digital asset...

Grayscale Ethereum Trust Files with SEC to Halve the ETHE Locking Period Same as GBTC

Grayscale Investments has publicly filed a registration statement on Form 10 with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on behalf of its Ethereum...

Florida Teenager Behind the Infamous Crypto Twitter Hack Pleads Not Guilty to 30 Counts of Fraud

Graham Ivan Clark, the 17-year old Florida teenager accused of being the main culprit of the most significant privacy breach in Twitter’s history, has...

Bitmain’s Management Feud Is Finally Affecting Business Operations; AntMiners Shipments Delayed

Bitmain’s top-level struggles cause a three-month delay in Antminer hardware. Two mutually exclusive solutions offered to customers. The constant wrangling within the largest Bitcoin...

BitcoinExchangeGuide is a hyper-active daily crypto news portal with care in cultivating the cryptocurrency culture with community contributors who help rewrite the bold future of blockchain finance. Subscribe on Google News, see the mission, authors, editorial links policy, investment disclaimer, privacy policy. Got News? Contact us, we are human too. Note: nothing here is financial advice, do your own research thoroughly.

Start Using Crypto Today