GTCoin is a token for gamers built on the Ethereum blockchain. Find out how it works today in our review.
What Is GTCoin?
GTCoin, found online at GTCoin.co, is a digital token created by the team at Game Tester. The tokens are on sale starting November 3, 2017.
The goal of the token is to allow gamers to buy game titles, hardware, and in-game content. Gamers can earn GTCoins by testing games through GameTester.co.
GTCoin wants to bring players and developers together to make better games. GameTester.co sees an opportunity for cryptocurrency to revolutionize the gaming marketplace: game sales take place around the world, and a frictionless digital currency could reduce costs across the industry.
The Game Tester beta launched in July 2016. By August, 15,000 gamers had signed up for the platform. In September, Game Tester launched beta testing for its GTCoin.
- Safe and Secure: All Game Tester data is protected by 256 bit encryption.
- Accessible Anywhere: You can access Game Tester wherever you are, including on your phone, tablet, or desktop computer. Game Tester has announced support for PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Nintendo, Playstation, and Xbox so far.
- Get Rewards: Get rewards in exchange for testing games.
- Support Game Developers: You can get token-based rewards while also supporting game developers, leading to a healthier gaming ecosystem overall.
- Scalable: Game Tester aims to build a platform for millions of users. They’re targeting 100 million users by 2023. The platform is developed with scalability in mind using scalable code.
GTCoin aims to provide crucial benefits to gamers, developers, and hardware manufacturers. The platform, according to the official website, “addresses the need to reward gamers for their contribution to the development process of digital games.” It also provides a suite of tools where gamers can purchase games and gaming hardware without currency issues.
Here’s how each of the three parties benefits from GTCoin:
- Earn monetary rewards for testing games
- Gamers can spend tokens on things they actually want, like games and hardware
- Gamers receive early access to new games
- Opportunity to give feedback to developers to help drive the gaming industry forward
- Prizes and rewards for regular users
- Exclusive access to global events
- GT Universal Login allows gamers to earn status rewards and track their use of games
- Developers can rapidly scale game use in a cost-effective way
- Developers can populate games with a ready-made audience of gamers upon release
- Ongoing feedback helps guide updates and expansions, helping developers fine-tune their product over time
- Discover which gamers interact with a game the most (including gender, region, age, and other demographic data), and target game marketing and testing at the micro level
For Hardware Manufacturers
- Get feedback on new releases
- Understand what products are most desired
- Sell product to global audiences
- Game testers handle all shipping and sales tax
- Run targeted promotions for hardware – like to 19 year old students in Vancouver or 45 year old Android users in Singapore
The GTCoin ICO
Game Tester has scheduled three stages of its ICO:
Seed Round (October 4 to October 25, 2017): 50% discount, 1 million GTCoin tokens available at a price of $0.50 USD (technically, it’s a 2-for-1 sale where you get 2 tokens per $1 USD).
Pre-ICO (November 3 to January 7, 2018): 20 million GTCoins at a price of $1 USD
ICO (March 23, 2018): 10 million coins released through 10 stages, starting at a price of $1.10 USD per GTCoin
Game Tester Business Units
Game Tester is planning to launch multiple business units with the goal of targeting the $100 billion+ worldwide gaming industry. Here are the business units outlined in the GTCoin whitepaper:
Game Tester Intelligence:
This module will consist of an in-house research team conducting industry research. It will provide a mixture of free and paid reports to assist the global gaming industry. The platform will provide a broad range of data analytics, user behavior analysis, future trend insights, and more.
Game Tester Key System:
This key system allows control of the game, including unlocking content or limiting content. Developers can use this system to lock content behind a demo, giving gamers to purchase the full game after a demo period is complete.
GT Investment Fund:
The investment fund will provide $10 million of annual funding to support game developers who bring innovative games to market.
The crowdfunding module will be supported by the GT Investment Fund. Gamers can contribute to games by testing and giving their feedback, or they can support game developers by giving games to specific causes.
GT Testing will provide data driven testing, behavior analysis, user engagement testing, and demographic testing. Developers can see how specific demographics respond to specific aspects of the project.
The GT Store aims to offer hardware to gamers at a competitive price. It includes free or reduced rate shipping for regular testers. You can also be rewarded for providing reviews to the platform.
GT Rewards is supported by the GT Investment Fund. Gamers can contribute to games by testing and giving their feedback, or by donating GT Coins in exchange for certain benefits (like getting a copy of the game upon release).
GT Events is supported by the GT Investment Fund. Gamers can contribute to games by testing and giving their feedback, while developers can choose what they offer in return to supporters.
GT Promote is Game Tester’s dedicated marketing department, consisting of a team focused on assisting game developers when publishing or promoting their games. It includes a full range of services, including media production and community management.
Who’s Behind GTCoin?
GTCoin is led by David Dobson (Founder and CEO), Paul Dobson (Founder and COO), and Dr. Christopher Polis (Lead Crypto Management). Dobson has worked in the online gaming industry for the past 8 years, and he’s the founder of Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd, an online game based on a real cash economy.
GTCoin is an in-platform currency for a platform called Game Tester. Game Tester aims to provide benefits to gamers, developers, and hardware manufacturers. Developers can launch games on the platform to access a network of game testers. Gamers can test games in exchange for GTCoin tokens. GTCoin tokens can be spent on rewards – like games or hardware.
The GTCoin token sale is scheduled to take place from October 2017 until March 2018.