Here’s Where the World’s Failed Crypto Projects Can Finally go to Die #RIPaltcoins
- Yannick Eckl — Marketing Director for ShitcoinGraveyard — believes that Facebook’s upcoming crypto project ‘Libra’ could die off within a year or so after its launch.
- However, Eckl is confident that Bitcoin will stick around as long as the cryptocurrency industry itself exists.
While earlier there wasn’t a set place where failed cryptocurrency projects could finally be buried for good, however, thanks to Roman Kemper and Marten Rauschenbergplace, we now hove an altcoin graveyard called ShitcoinGraveyard — which as the name suggests is designed to help say our final goodbyes to the various ICO scams that have reared their ugly heads over the past couple years.
According to an interview with Kemper, the core idea for such a project first came into existence when the ICO market was flooded with scams — particularly during the latter half of 2017 as well as all-through 2108.
“With all the shitcoins piling on — going to almost 1,000 different bad investments — we felt there was a need for a sh*tcoin graveyard that can provide comic relief for the rekt shitcoin holders and educate at the same time. Never forget: Don’t give a sh*t! Except if you are visiting our site.”
- Yannick Eckl, M.D. for ShitcoinGraveyard’s marketing director, was recently quoted as saying that his team head successfully compiled a database of more than 4,000 cryptocurrencies — out of which, nearly 900 projects are now completely defunct (based on their trade volume data and other associated information).
- ShitcoinGraveyard has a certain module that is designed to assess the chances of a particularly flimsy crypto project ending up dead.
- Even though Kemper, Eckel and the rest of the team believe there currently exist a lot of cryptocoins in the top-50 that might go kaput in the near future, they firmly believe that Bitcoin — the undisputed alpha of the altcoin market — is here to stay for the long haul.
A number of altcoin experts and analysts believe that the launch of Facebook’s upcoming crypto project — Libra — will have a positive impact on Bitcoin’s financial future. Not only that, it should also be pointed out that as per a poll conducted by Van Eck’s Gabor Gurbacs recently, 79% of the 2,900 voters who responded to the exec. clearly stated that they “did not” trust Facebook’s Libra coin.