IDEX Crypto Exchange and Phishing Fighter PhishFort Partner for Blockchain Defense
The IDEX Platform Has Gone Ahead To Partner With PhishFort To Help Fight Phishing
The IDEX which is a decentralized crypto exchange has just gone ahead to announce that it is teaming up with the PhishFort company. The PhishFort is a defense solution that is used by the high-risk industries in the market, and it has also been designed to protect the blockchain companies.
The said partnership plans to go ahead and seek out those companies that are going forward to impersonate the IDEX trading platform, and hopefully put an end to them.
As a result, with the partnership, it will be able to protect the growing user base on the IDEX platform from any potential phishing attacks taking place in the market.
More About The PhishFort Company
PhishFort has been designed to protect the high-risk companies, this is from the ICOs, cryptocurrency exchanges, and the different finical firms from any of the phishing attacks. The company is able to use a combination of cutting-edge systems to be able to backlist, detect, and in turn take down the current phishing apps, websites, chatbots and many more.
Some Of The Anti-phishing Results
Some Copycat Sites
The IDEX team has been able to identify and even go ahead to take down more than 50 phishing websites that have been impersonating the company, and this is just in the last month alone. The sites they were able to take down include the homograph attacks, plus other attacks which were designed as typos to the main website.
Once the sites were identified, these websites are immediately blacklisted in most of the widely used browser extensions that you find in the crypto market; this is including the MyEtherWallet, MetaMask, and EtherAddressLookup browser plugins. As soon as the site gets blacklisted the next step is the takedown process.
It involves the alteration of the host provider plus the domain registrar that there is some illegal activity that is taking place on the domain and the site in question. Thus, from this, they take steps in shutting down the site permanently.
The iOS App Store And Google Play
PhishFort also goes ahead to monitor activities that are taking place in both the iOS App Store and Google play for the fake apps that could be impersonating the IDEX brand. This is all done together with monitoring the attacks that are taking place against the IDEX domain.
Some Tips You Should Look Out For When Trading
According to a statement by the Aurora (IDEX) team, the safety of users funds is something that the company takes very seriously. Thus, by the company being able to leverage on the PhishFort Team, then the team will be in a position to get ahead of the multiple phishing attacks that keep developing each day.
The team has also gone ahead and recommended the users to look at some of the following open source resources and tools which will help in maximizing the safety taking place in the crypto market.
The Browser Plugins
- The EtherAddressLookup – this has been designed as an open source security plugin that has been aimed at protecting the users from any unsafe twitter account, websites and crypto addresses.
- MetaMask – this plugin provides the users with an interface that is able to manage your identity efficiently on the different sites plus sign blockchain transactions. The plugin has been designed with a blacklist that is able to protect the users against some of the known phishing sites in the market.
• MEW – this is also referred to as the MyEtherWallet browser plugin has also been incorporated with a blacklist which is able to protect the end users from phishing sites.
Report The Phishing Attacks
• EtherscamDB – it has been designed as an open source collection that is known to the Ethereum Based scams, making it easy for you to report the suspicious sites.
• PhishFort – you can also be able to report the phishing attacks on this site.