What Is Infura?
Infura is an online platform that aims at providing developers with a wide variety of tools that they can use to connect their applications to the Ethereum network and other decentralized platforms. These tools provide the crucial infrastructure required to handle short-term fluctuations such as the ones that occur during token launches and eliminate the need for developers to run the infrastructure themselves.
Currently, a wide range of projects utilize Infura’s network. For instance, MetaMask connects to Infura’s remote infrastructure combined with a zero client approach to serve its over one million users. Other examples are the Mist and Status projects that implement a hybrid approach that is reliant to Infura’s remote nodes when the network is under pressure.
- TLS-Enabled Endpoints: These are public endpoints for Infura’s Ethereum Mainnet and all its testnet networks.
- TLS-Enabled IPFS Gateway: This is a decentralized storage containing customized reliability features.
- Portable Ethereum Interface: This interface is designed to be compatible with the standard JSON-RPC API and the well-known web3 libraries.
- Ferryman Service Layer: This feature provides users with advanced routing requests, balances their loads, and has usage tracking capabilities combined with custom reverse proxy for scaling and reliability.
- Multi-Client Backend: Infura features both Parity and Geth nodes as peers, which provides its infrastructure with robustness and resilience.
How Will Infura ETH Blockchain Network API & Developer Tools Work?
The core of Infura will be the Ferryman layer, which enable the sending of requests to different ends of the Infura infrastructure based on the RPC method in addition to other factors. This will result in an infrastructure that can users can scale or tune to suit the traffic needs. The layer will also enable smart routing that will reduce the response times.
The modular scaling solutions provided by Infura will increase the network capacity for ICOs or high-traffic dApps that anticipate to be transmitting large amounts of data through their Ethereum Network thus addressing the scaling concerns the projects might have had.
Infura will also have a developer portal where developers using Infura can monitor and access insights on how they are using the network. The portal will also feature advanced scaling solutions to benefit the developers.
In the future, Infura will introduce an Infura for Business product, which will prepare the developers for anticipated production traffic by providing them with support and tools to ensure that their dApps functions without any issues.
Infura implements blockchain technology, which eliminates the need for users to install, configure, and maintain the Ethereum infrastructure, which significantly reduces the costs that the users will incur.
Reliable And Scalable
The Ferryman middleware that Infura uses greatly improves the reliability of the platform while using the Ethereum infrastructure to help developers create applications that are scalable to meet the demands of its users.
Powerful And Secure
Currently, Infura has successfully served over 40,000 developers and dApps and has the capability of transferring 2.5PB of data per month as well as handle over 10 billion user requests per day.
Infura will provide developers of decentralized applications with seamless access to IPFS without necessarily having to manage the infrastructure themselves.