Institutional Investor Gets Told to Buy Bitcoin: “Asset Can’t Be Moved By Government Decision”
Bitcoin Hits $7,300 as CryptoTrader's Ran NeuNer Tells Investor #1 Reason Why Should Buy
CNBC Cryptotrader host, founder of Onchain Capital and popular crypto influencer, has the perfect 2 minute pitch ready for institutional investors.
Met an institutional investor who asked me in a condescending tone, “Your 2 minute pitch, why should I buy BTC”.
I asked him,”how many assets have you got in your $10bn portfolio that can’t be moved by any gvt decision anywhere”
The rest of the discussion was “how he can buy it.” pic.twitter.com/XvYpnWJQNS
— Ran NeuNer (@cryptomanran) September 2, 2018
Ran thinks that the fact of crypto assets inability to be moved directly by government decisions should give big investors enough of an incentive, especially in times of economic turmoil and uncertainty.
Crypto investors are are expecting a big bull run in the bitcoin world after enduring a year long bear market bottoming to date. Some of the factors that are driving their decision are:
- U.S. regulators recently have been critical about crypto
- Cryptocurrencies provide a unique and attractive combination of returns and volatility
- Institutional quality custody solutions could come to market soon
- Cryptocurrency futures, derivatives, and forward contracts are gaining adoption
- Regulatory approval for a crypto ETF is most likely imminent
- Large financial institutions are moving ahead with crypto products
With the SEC’s recent denial of numerous Bitcoin ETFs, the hope is that Bakkt will introduce a product which is appealing to institutional investors who have so far avoided the cryptocurrency markets, due to worries of manipulation or the lack of trustworthy custody options.
There are already numerous reasons to attract institutional investors to cryptos, and yet everyone is waiting on the Bitcoin ETF decision by the SEC for the big push.
What do you guys think of CryptoTrader's 2 minute elevator pitch to bigwig investors looking to enter the digital asset and virtual currency game?