Investopedia’s 10 Best Cities to Visit When Using Bitcoin and Crypto for Payment Options
Top 10 Cities to Visit Using Bitcoin
Investopedia recently used various metrics together with coinmap.org and ATM Radar to determine the best cities across the world that you can visit when you have Bitcoin in your pocket. You do not have to be in New York or London to get access to your Bitcoins. Currently, there are ATMs operating even in the most unlikely of places. The top ten cities to visit include:
- San Francisco is not only home to the Fisherman’s Wharf and the street trams, but it also happens to be the home Coinbase—the mega crypto exchange. In addition, it currently hosts 29 Bitcoin ATMs and 177 merchants who accept payment in form of Bitcoin.
- The UK was one of the leading countries when it came to crypto uptake. It has a total of 74 ATMs and 88 Bitcoin-accepting merchants located around its culturally diverse capital, London.
- Canada is a country that has developed a reputation for being very friendly to cryptocurrencies. In terms of policy, it also happens to be more advanced than its neighbor the United States. Vancouver has a total of 86 Bitcoin-accepting merchants and 48 Bitcoin ATMs spread across the city.
- New York has traditionally done things in a big way. It, therefore, should not come as a surprise to learn that it has a total of 117 Bitcoin ATMs and 122 Bitcoin-accepting merchants. All parts of this city have been covered including up, mid, and downtown. Also, it should not be long until Wall Street updates its fiat ATMs to start accepting and issuing cryptocurrencies.
- More than five hundred thousand Dutch households own crypto. It, therefore, comes as no surprise, that Amsterdam, the Dutch capital is one of the most crypto-friendly capitals in the world. It has a total of 74 Bitcoin-accepting merchants in a city with a population of 800,000 people.
- Argentina and Venezuela are both facing a financial crisis. However, if you are looking to travel in Buenos Aires, you will find that it is extremely easy to travel with Bitcoin thanks to the presence of 3 Bitcoin ATMs and 130 Bitcoin-accepting merchants. The government in Argentina has also promised to increase the number of ATMs in the near future.
- Ljubljana located in Slovenia has a total population of 272,000 people. In total, there are 51 Bitcoin-accepting merchants and a total of 5 Bitcoin ATMs.
- Tampa, Florida appears like an unlikely place to come across crypto enthusiasts but this perception does not reflect the reality on the ground. Tampa has as many as 93 Bitcoin-accepting merchants and a staggering 13 ATMs spread around its city. This means that travelers should never worry about running out of funds.
- Switzerland and Malta are the crypto leaders in Europe. Zurich has a total of 64 Bitcoin-accepting Merchants and 8 ATMs.
- Tel Aviv in Israel has not been left behind. This financial center in Israel boasts of 58 Bitcoin-accepting merchants and a total of 4 Bitcoin ATMs. Bitcoin is considered a part of life in the country and the government has gone ahead to acknowledge it as a taxable asset.