The highly anticipated yearly developer conference for the Ethereum community has already started in Prague. The DevCon4 conference is the fourth iteration of this meetup that will run for four days from 30 October to November 2, 2018. The yearly meeting is an excellent opportunity for Ethereum-based developers, designers, artists and researchers to meet to further empower and educate the whole community towards building better and more decentralised apps.
DevCon4 Main Topics
The primary topics or issues that will be handled are the following six critical areas:
• Developer experience
• Systems and society
• Design and UX
Focus On Scalability
For many enthusiasts, investors and developers of Ethereum, the most pressing issue is increasing the network’s throughput. Many investors strongly think that breakthroughs in the scalability of the platform could be the key that will help ETH regain its past high prices in the cryptocurrency sector. To address this issue, the agenda of the DevCon4 conference includes these notable sessions during the event:
- October 30, 2018: Swarm Team updates – Ethereum Foundation’s Aron Fischer will lead the talk and take attendees through the current SWARM progress. SWARM is the native content storage and distribution infrastructure layer of Web 3.0.
- October 31, 2018: STARKs – This is a dedicated workshop event that will expose developers in the Ethereum community to STARK science and technology. Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum, had even proposed that ZCash technology is used for scaling the platform.
- October 31, 2018: Reducing the gas fees to optimise smart contracts
- November 1, 2018: Raiden Network – Discussing how applying the custom Raiden protocol could push the network into becoming cheap, scalable and fast. Raiden delivers off-chain system scaling solutions to enable low-fee, scalable and nearly instantaneous payments.
- November 2, 2018: Plasma update – Speakers at the DevCon4 even will deliver the latest updates on the progress of their plasma research as well as their most recent projects. Plasma Cash, a notable Plasma variant, will be highlighted for discussion.
For more details on the speakers, sessions and other information about this year’s DevCon4 conference, make sure you check out the handy online even guidebook. You can also reach out to DevCon4 twitter page to get real-time event updates.
Long History Of Successful Conferences
The first Ethereum Developers meetup took place some four years ago in Berlin in 2014. The classroom-sized conference was called Devcon0, and it is here where the initial visions of Ethereum were presented and shared with founding members and core developers. While last year’s conference had a total attendance of approximately 2,000 people, this year that number is expected to be a lot bigger.
For many enthusiasts and developers, the DevCon is like a family reunion party. According to the hosts of the event, the Ethereum Foundation, the target of this yearly event is empowering the ETH community and bringing Ethereum tools and protocols into the world. It is also an opportunity to educate developers on the best ways for developing decentralised applications to strengthen and increase the value of the network.