Kraken Bounties $100,000 in Rewards for Discovery of Quadrigacx Exchange’s Crypto Funds
San Francisco based crypto exchange Kraken just announced that they are going to offer up to $100,000 to someone who can provide the answer to the question; What happened to QuadrigaCX’s coin?
The sudden death of Gerald Cotton, the CEO of QuadrigaCX, Canadians first cryptocurrency exchange threw the crypto world into a huge frenzy, a situation seen by many crypto analysts as unhealthy for the already bearish crypto market. Up until Cotton’s death in December 2018, QuadrigaCX, A Vancouver based centralized cryptocurrency exchange remained the most formidable cryptocurrency exchange in Canada which according to the Wikipedia serves as much as 115,000 customers.
QuadrigaCX has had its fair share of instability in its operations since its inception, the company made a declaration in June 2014 that they lost $14 million worth of Ethereum attributed to a smart contract error. The company was further discovered not to have a bank account and the business was run from home on Cotton’s encrypted laptop with all the customer's private keys which he alone had access to.
The aggressive stance that creditors are taking against widow Jennifer Robertson is causing some unwanted public attention. In response to the attention, Robertson has requested the help of the judge in charge of the QuadrigaCX case, asking him to assign a restructuring specialist as the new person in charge of the crypto exchange.
Kraken is offering up to $100,000 in either fiat or digital currency as a reward for tips that could lead to the discovery of the missing assets. Their announcement says that it may end the reward program at any point in time.
“Kraken wants to bring awareness and attention to this case, in hopes that we can help discover some or all of the missing client funds,” the firm stated in a blog post.
Today's Top News Stories: Report Summary
- Crypto Price Predictions: Today’s Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP) and EOS Forecasts (Feb 28)
- Shocking New York Times Report: Facebook is Proposing Its “Facebook Coin” to Bitcoin Exchanges
- Joe Rogan, Alex Jones Reunite on Podcast as Info Wars Star Talks $5 Million Bitcoin Deal by George Soros
- Crypto Crystall Ball Price Predictor Peter Brandt Wins the Bitcoin Price Forecast Analysis of 2019
- Ripple Lands the Crypto Holy Grail as Coinbase Makes XRP Trading Live: Next Stop, to the Moon?
- Crypto Investors Launch #DeleteCoinbase Campaign On Social Media To Boycott Recent Actions
- CEO of SBI Holdings Wants All Japanese Banks to Use the Ripple’s XRP and MoneyTap
- California Creates New ‘Assembly Bill 1489’ For Crypto Business Regulations, Imposes Up to $50,000 In Daily Penalties For Violations
- JPMorgan’s Blockchain Team Is Exploring Ethereum Privacy Technology ‘AZTEC’ With Zero-Knowledge Proofs (ZKPs)
- Ethereum’s Constantinople Hard Fork Just Happened; What to Expect?
- Bitcoin Bullish Scenario Back in Play, Price Back on Track to $4,500 Target
- Here’s why BItcoin will start Pumping in the Fall
- Institution Interest is Ramping Up in Cryptocurrencies, Hidden in Plain Sight
- Security Token Offerings (STOs) Have an Edge on Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) for the Future
- Recent Crypto Insolvency Report from Pwc Shows Details on Inevitability of Crypto Regulations