Digital Mining is a term that has caught on in the past few years due to rise of alt currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc. However, before we proceed any further with this review, it is of utmost importance that we learn a bit more on this matter.
In its basic essence, Mining is a ‘computationally intensive process’ that requires all of the computers within a blockchain to approve of a certain transaction. When all of the network participants are on board, we are able to receive a remuneration in the form of a digital coin.
MultiMiner has been described by various digital media outlets as being a “desktop application that allows for crypto-coin mining and monitoring” on various platforms including windows, Mac, Linux. In addition to this, MultiMiner uses a highly intuitive, simple interface which makes it possible for individual computational devices to easily switch between cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Litecoin.
At this point, it is also important to mention that MultiMiner uses a highly specialised “underlying mining engine” called BFGMiner that allows for easy detection of available mining hardware. Not only that, it also uses a user friendly setup that allows us to choose between various alt coins that we would like to mine.
Key Features of MultiMiner
- Multi Purpose: according to the company’s website, MultiMiner can be used by both novices and experts alike.The software is extremely easy to use, and does not make use of a lot technical jargon.
- Advanced Features: in order to deliver up to date support, there are many cutting edge features that have been incorporated into the system. Some of the latest features which make MultiMiner stand out includes automatic detection of Network Devices, remote monitoring, control of MultiMiner rigs.
- Compatibility: this platform can be accessed both from our laptop as well as our smartphones.
Who Is This Software Intended for?
(i) New Users:
The platform delivers features that are tailored for people new to the world of crypto. Some of them include:
- There is a “getting started wizard” that makes mining quick and easy.
- The system allows for automatic updates so as to make MultiMiner and BFGMiner run smoothly at all times.
- The app sends regular notifications to alert us about profitable coins that should be considered for mining purposes.
(ii) The Power User:
There are many features in MultiMiner that are designed for experienced users. These include:
- Configurable strategies for automatically mining currencies.
- There is an inbuilt ‘Stratum Proxy’ mechanism that makes mining simpler.
- The platform allows for integration with online news services so as to help keep us up to date with all of the latest happenings in the world of crypto.
(iii) The Coin Farmer:
The platform is ideal for full time miners as it allows for:
- Automatic detection of standalone miners that may be present on our network.
- Remote viewing, control of other MultiMiner rigs on the network.
In addition to all this, it should be mentioned that MultiMiner is an open source software, and thus developers can use its code to construct their own platform.
How Do I Make Use of MultiMiner?
All one has to do is to download the software that is best suited for our computer through the official company website. It should also be noted that there are certain patches/ fixes which need to be installed in order for the program to work smoothly on certain machines.
Lastly, according to the official website; “Releases for MultiMiner are available both as installers and zip files, and are made available regularly on the GitHub”. For any further queries or doubts, customers should get in touch with company representatives though the support portal on the main webpage.