myCryptoWallet is an Australia-based cryptocurrency marketplace that will launch later this year. Find out everything you need to know about myCryptoWallet today in our review.
What Is My Crypto Wallet?
myCryptoWallet is a cryptocurrency marketplace catered to users in Australia and New Zealand. The company is launching its marketplace before the end of 2017. At launch, the marketplace will support trading of bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple.
You can register for updates about the marketplace today by visiting myCryptoWallet.com.au. All you need to do is enter your email address.
The company is based in Melbourne. Like other marketplaces, myCryptoWallet will allow users to exchange coins with each other in real-time. The exchange also promises to keep users’ funds in 100% offline cold storage.
We don’t have any specific information about the upcoming release date. However, the exchange appears to be preparing for a Q3 or Q4 2017 launch. The website simply says the exchange will launch within “months”.
My Crypto Wallet Features
myCryptoWallet’s official website is advertising all of the following features:
- Marketplace: You can start trading on the live marketplace and place your trades against other verified users in real-time. It’s just like other exchanges.
- Available Anytime, Anywhere: Users can access their digital assets anywhere, sending and receiving them across the globe in real-time.
- Instant Exchange: myCryptoWallet has a unique feature where you can instantly buy and sell cryptocurrencies from the platform itself. The website will have a built-in exchange service and currency holdings to accommodate instant user trades. We’ve seen similar features on other exchanges: typically, users pay a small premium to acquire the funds instantly from the exchange as opposed to ordering from the market.
- Mobile Wallet: myCryptoWallet will come with a mobile wallet available on iOS and Android. You can also access the platform through any internet browser.
- Safe and Secure: myCryptoWallet doesn’t claim to keep 100% of user funds in offline cold storage. However, it does claim that its funds are 100% insured using off server cold wallet storage. Obviously, it’s hard to facilitate instant trades while maintaining 100% cold storage.
- Australian-Owned and Certified: The company is based in Melbourne. Users enjoy 24/7 support and 100% certification.
Overall, myCryptoWallet offers similar features to other major cryptocurrency exchanges, including a mobile wallet, instant currency exchanges, and 24/7 access. The main difference, of course, is that it’s available specifically to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
How To Use My Crypto Wallet
Step 1) Register
Step 2) Verify
Step 3) Start buying and selling currencies
These are the official three steps listed on myCryptoWallet. There are no further details about the verification process. However, since the platform is catered to residents of Australia and New Zealand, we assume you’ll have to show government-issued ID and other data to access the platform. The company is based in Melbourne, so we expect them to abide by KYC/AML requirements.
We have no information about deposit methods at this time. However, it’s assumed that the exchange will accept Australian Dollars and New Zealand Dollars.
About My Crypto Wallet
myCryptoWallet first appeared online in June 2017. The company officially announced its Australia/New Zealand exchange service on July 2. They’re preparing to launch before the end of 2017.
The myCryptoWallet.com.au website doesn’t feature any additional information about the executive team, founders, or creators of the platform. However, we know that the company is based in Melbourne, Victoria.
My Crypto Wallet Conclusion
myCryptoWallet is an upcoming exchange catered to markets in Australia and New Zealand. Obviously, we’ve seen plenty of other exchanges catered to the Australia and New Zealand marketplace. However, myCryptoWallet may be the first one that supports a diverse range of currencies at launch.
The company has announced plans to support bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and Litecoin at launch, for example. It could be the best place for Aussies and Kiwis to trade AUD and NZD for altcoins.
Obviously, myCryptoWallet hasn’t yet launched, so we don’t know many details about the platform aside from what’s listed on the website. We also don’t have a confirmed launch date. The website just says that it’s launching within “months”. Stay tuned for more information.