New Circle Cryptocurrency Survey Reveals Millennial Women Largely Underrepresented
Even as Millennial Women Gain A Stronger Stance in Many Industries, They Remain Largely Underrepresented in Cryptocurrency
If anyone takes a look at the cryptocurrency community, there is one thing very evident – the overwhelming amount of men, in comparison with the lack of women. Apparently, that is the main takeaway from a recent survey that Circle held, which included over 3,000 people from the millennial, Gen X, and Baby Boomer generations. Overall, this survey highlights several statistics –
- Only half as many millennial women plan to invest in cryptocurrency this year, compared with men. (18% of men versus 7% of women)
- About 25% of millennials said that they would probably purchase cryptocurrency in the next year, which is 10 times the amount of Baby Boomers that said the same.
- About 42% of millennial men claim to be either aggressive or very aggressive, while only 27% of millennial women feel the same.
- While 77% of millennials plan to make more money before they are prepared to invest in retirement, falling right between Gen Xers (81%) and Baby Boomers (75%)
- Only 29% of Millennials have invested over $1,000 in cryptocurrency
According to the Circle blog, cryptocurrency and its coinciding technology stand to develop more value for potential investors in every generation. To help move this progress along, Circle has established Circle Invest to help consumers learn more about investing with a simpler experience and informational content.