New Futures & Perpetual Swap Market Data Launched by OKEx for Derivatives Traders
- In addition to OKEx, it is also being reported that Coinbase too is making use of aggregated data to provide its users with niche’ information related to holder activity, price correlations etc.
- Through the use of such specific analytical information, investors can devise their very own trading strategies.
OKEx — a Malta-based digital asset exchange — recently released a statement announcing the launch of its brand new data insights platform that has been devised to cover a number of trading trends related to the derivatives market. As per some of the information available online, the new offering will allow OKEx users to obtain real-time data for the exchange's “futures and perpetual swap markets for nine major tokens”.
Additionally, it also bears mentioning that the platform provides its users with six key indicators associated with market trends. These include:
- Long/short positions ratio
- Open interest and trading volume
- Buy/sell taker volume
- Top trader sentiment index
- Top trader average margin used
As per Andy Cheung, an executive working for OKEx, this new system will help offer users with neutral trading data that will not only educate investors regarding the market but will also allow them to create novel trading strategies that will help maximize their returns.
In relation to the matter, Cheung was also quoted as saying:
“Derivatives trading requires a steeper learning curve, as it involves the use of margin and leverage. Once we realized that there isn’t really much data available in the market to help users analyze market trends, we decided to build a tool that can benefit our users. That’s why we launched this big data platform, and we are proud to say that we are the first in the industry to provide this kind of data.”