New Updated Roadmap for Cardano (ADA) Released by IOHK
- Cardano’s core dev team claims that their crypto project is up to 100 times more decentralized than Bitcoin.
- In regards to their latest roadmap, a representative for Cardano recently revealed that a Japanese, Korean, and Chinese language version of the offering will also be released early next month.
IOHK — an organization that supports the ongoing development of Cardano (ADA) and Ethereum Classic (ETC) — has just unveiled a new roadmap for Cardano which contains a clear timeline of the project’s future development prospects as well as contains all of the work that has been done in relation to the project up until now.
More Decentralized Than Bitcoin?
For those of our readers who may not be aware of what Cardano brings to the table, it is essentially a project that was created by Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK) and Ethereum co-founder Charles Hoskinson. Additionally, Cardano has been touted by many as being the future of “blockchain technology” since it promises to be “100 times more decentralized than Bitcoin”.
News of the aforementioned release was made public just over 72 hours ago and as per a blog post issued by Cardano’s core dev team, the new roadmap charts the firm’s progress towards their “Cardano 2020” campaign.
Today, we're very pleased to share our completely redesigned roadmap, charting our progress towards the Cardano 2020 vision. Here's where we'll keep the community updated over the months ahead https://t.co/t1kjKY09lk #Cardano #CardanoCommunity #Blockchain
— Input Output (@InputOutputHK) June 5, 2019
Lastly, the aforementioned blog entry also lays clear definitions of different Cardano eras (such as Byron, Shelley, Goguen, Basho, and Voltaire) as well as establishes the central themes/functional components for each of those eras.
Other Key Data Worth Highlighting
- Many Cardano backers were disappointed with the lack of technical data that was provided within the company’s new roadmap.
- Even though ADA’s Shelley update is largely viewed by the project’s core backing community as being a game changer for the currency, it is worth pointing out that Cardano’s Goguen era is what many believe will help the currency enter into the crypto mainstream.
- Goguen is designed to help integrate smart contracts into the Cardano ecosystem in a seamless manner.