NFT NYC: Non-Fungible Tokens New York City Blockchain Event
Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) are cryptographic tokens that are representations of something unique and are used in crypto gaming and in creating unique digital assets such as crypto collectables. To highlight the importance of NFTs, on 20 February 2019, NFT.NYC is hosting an event at the Times Square, New York that will bring together the Digital Collectibles Ecosystem that is made up of blockchain developers, gamers, artists and fans.
What Is NFT NYC?
This will be the first NFT event in the United States and the main agenda of the event will be to discuss how Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) are currently affecting the participants experience in owning and identifying digital assets.
NFT NYC Topics Of Discussion
- Importance of NFTs
- NFT Trends and Early Successes
- The journey and roadmap of CryptoKitties
- Smart contract for beginners
- Creation of a smart contract system suitable for an In-Game economy
- Tokens, Coins and CryptoKitties investments
- Interoperability in the NFT Ecosystem
- How to market NFTs and increase their adoption
- Regulation of NFTs
- The Endowment Effect and NFTs
- Tokenizing Physical Collectibles
- The reason marketplaces and listings will play a crucial role in the adoption of NFTs
The event will also cover how unique digital assets on the blockchain are anticipated to transform major sectors of art, finance, gaming and licensing. The PlayStation Theater, Times Square Billboard and social channels will cover the event insights during the day.
There will be over 50 NFT Speakers attending the event that will have in-depth discussions on the Non-Fungible Blockchain Ecosystem. The speakers will include:
- Marguerite deCourcelle – CEO at Blockade Games
- John Kosner – sports media veteran
- William Mougayar – Author of The Business Blockchain
- Alex Mashinsky – Founder of Celsius Network
- Mary O'Hara – Attorney at Masur Griffitts
- Rene Schmidt – Co-Founder at Qwellcode and Project Manager at Chainbreakers.io
- Brian Flynn – Product Designer & writer
- Topper Bowers – Founder of Quorum Control
NFT.NYC will provide the attendees with one-on-one access to the speakers through the unique token distribution found in the NFT bag. In case the attendee has a particular speaker that they would like to talk to, they can exchange their tokens and receive a token that will provide them with access to their preferred speaker.
Event tickets can be purchase on the NFT.NYC website. Individuals who are interested in becoming speakers at the event can make applications on the website or nominate others to become speakers.
Why Attend NFT NYC
Participants of the event will have the opportunity to meet industry leaders, influencers, fans, and developers PlayStation Theater in New York City where they might create beneficial business relationships. They will also enjoy meaningful discussions, industry briefing, and workshops from leading blockchain experts and brands.
The event will enable participants learn how they can use NFT’s as social influencing tools to increase engagement within their community. They will also meet with financial influencers and learn why they think NFT’s will result in increased blockchain value.
The PlayStation Theater where event is taking place contains state of the art audio-visual capabilities, which will be combined with the 85 ft. billboard in Times Square, which is great match for NFTs and will provide a perfect way to highlight the importance of NFTs in the blockchain ecosystem.