North Korea to Host an International Crypto and Blockchain Summit for April 2019
If you are a crypto lover, you love adventure, and have no plans for April 2019; you might consider paying a visit to North Korea. The hermit kingdom is hosting a blockchain and cryptocurrency conference in April 2019.
In a recent press release on the official site of the communist nation, the Korean friendship association plans to open the doors of North Korea for crypto fans and investors. The event will be open to anyone who wishes to go to Pyongyang and share his or her experience with crypto. Only people from South Korea, Japan, and Israel are banned from the event.
About The Event
The event will go on for eight days and lectures will take place at the Science and Technology Complex. However, the itinerary will also entail visits to various locations such as the Museum of Korean War, the Great People’s Study House, Kaeson, the Pyongyang University of Foreign Languages, and the border with South Korea. There will even be a visit to a beer factory.
The team behind the event is aware of the nation’s reputation. In the FAQ section, they talk about various topics that might interest westerners. It is especially so on matters of free speech and security.
The FAQ section says that the DPRK is the safest nation on earth. If you maintain basic common sense and show respect for the beliefs and culture of the nations, it is safe. Anyone who does this is welcome, just like the thousands of friends that the nation has hosted in the past 28 years and engaged within business, science, culture, and sports.
- Are USA passports allowed to apply?
- Yes, you are welcome to apply.
- Can I bring my laptop, smartphone or tablet?
- Yes, but please note that any mass printed propaganda or digital/printed material against the dignity of the Republic is not allowed.
- Is there Internet?
- There is internet access, which is offered at $5 per hour.
- Are Phone Calls Allowed
- In North Korea, there is no roaming service. However, you can buy a SIM card that is used to make and receive international calls. However, for such a short stay, it is not necessary. You can simply use the communications room inside the hotel. This is used to make international calls.
Mr. Alejandro Cao de Benos is part of the organizing team. He is the Special Delegate for the Committee for Cultural Relations and President of the Korean Friendship Association. The other half of the organizing team is Mr. Chris Emms, who is a crypto and blockchain expert. He is also the founder of the Token Key and a lecturer at various events related to crypto and the blockchain.
The entrance fee will be 3300 EUR for each person. It will include flights from China to North Korean and back to China, food, accommodation, and transportation. The event starts on April 18 and ends on April 25 in 2019. During the event, distribution of any propaganda material, whether digital or printed will not be permitted.