Nucleus Vision is a platform that is designed to help capture customer data that was previously inaccessible for traditional brick and mortar businesses. This is the review of the company in full.
What is Nucleus Vision?
The company was founded back in 2014 at Harvard University. And it provided a technology that works from end to end to help capture customer data that is unique. The purpose is to provide this data for physical retailers who wouldn’t typically have a method of doing so themselves. The date is captured through the use of blockchain technology and real-time sensors.
As of now, the company has a total of 19 IoT sensors that have been deployed in ten actual retail stores. The sensors aren’t dependent on RFID, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or other forms of software more advanced like that used for facial recognition. Even so, the sensors are fully capable of providing enhanced methods of security for the monitoring of the stores physical assets and their access control.
It means that the sensors will monitor a phone owned by a customer after they enter the establishment and the give them customized loyalty points or offers that are based on the customer’s personal information.
Basically, the purpose of Nucleus.Vision is to help connect the unconnected through the use of an individual’s unique identity and data they’ve engaged with. We will go into more detail as to how the system works below.
How Does Nucleus Vision Work?
This is the basic process on how Nucleus Vision Platform Operates:
- Step 1: The ION sensor is installed at the retailer’s establishment
- Step 2: Customers are identified through the use of the ION sensor upon entering the store
- Step 3: A secure orbit layer protects the data as it sent over it
- Step 4: Real-time personas for the customer are then sent in real-time
- Step 5: Customers receive recommendations of offers for their persona
No application is needed for the customer. They don’t need to install anything new on their devices to get the offers sent to them. There is also no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth needed for it to operate. It doesn’t require verification of GPS even. And the platform for Nucleus.Vision will work with all phones.
As of 2017, Nucleus.Vision is currently being used actively in ten stores. By the end of 2019, they plan on implementing the Nucleus Security Vision. It will help to make the platform more secure and help monitor assets in the store. And by 2021, they plan on having the platform powered throughout the entire world where it will connect through smart homes, health, cities, transportation and agricultural bases.
On the customer side, the Nucleus Vision is said to work from the customer side primarily. For example, let’s say you go online and research a clothing store or select some outfits you like – once you visit the store, and open your phone, you get a specialized offer personalized for you.
In a video they made introducing the platform, a guy opens his phone with a notification stating, “Welcome back to ONA Suits.” He then gets an offer that gives him a reward of 100 nCash for the day. And to accept the nCash, all he needs to do is give the authorization to provide his data exchange for a highly-personalized experience.
Once the man gets the cash, he also gets a personalized offer too. And the store is able to see any purchases previously made. Not only that, but it will also be able to see his personal spending habits and other useful pieces of information to improve his experience in the store.
As soon as he’s ready to pay for his purchase of clothing, he can make the choice to pay with nCash. He may even be able to pay a part of the bill with the nCash, or possibly even cash in his reward for other free products from the retailer.
Let’s say then that he leaves and goes to eat. When he walks into the restaurant, he gets another alert on his device and gets nCash that can be used at the restaurant. After he accepts the exchange of data, he then gets personalized offers on food.
The process basically works like this below:
- Customer enters the store, their ID is recognized on the store’s ION sensor
- The sensor gives the customer’s ID to Nucleus
- Nucleus Vision sends out a text message or notification with an offer for nCash in exchange for the customer’s data being released to the reward program
- After the customer opts-in, they are credited with nCash to their account. And at this point, the nCash can be transferred to any ERC20 compatible wallet
- Nucleus Vision then securely makes a transfer of the customer’s identity and their personal data to the establishment through blockchain technology
- The establishment then uses data to map the customer through their core system and identifies any newly discovered patterns or data that are offered through the network
- If there isn’t any previous data on the customer, the retailer may ask for more data from another member of the extended network, giving the retailers the ability to view purchases previously made at other establishments on the Nucleus Vision Network
- And partners on the network can setup pre-defined rules for the sharing of customer data with other friendly and non-competing business as well any data points that have requested sharing, as long as they are approved
- Nucleus will then create a score based on their Neuron technology; it is a representation of purchase history and spending habits as well as other factors that are said to be important
- Lastly, established retailers have the option to make offers in nCash to customers that is based on their score; they can offer the nCash as soon as the customer enters the store to encourage future visits, for example, or they can make offers as they browse to help with in-store conversions, lastly they can make offers at the time of checkout to improve customer retention
What Are the Features of Nucleus Vision?
The platform of Nucleus Vision carries with it the following features:
- The breakthrough ION sensor, a multipurpose-technology IoT sensory based platform using RF technology
- Advance in-store pricing, designed to work dynamically as a pricing model for retail establishment
- One-time sign-on, so the Nucleus Vision Network has an agnostic single process authentication
- Attribution from online to offline to help create a probalistic device that used as a matching process for identifying a customer’s experience on both physical and virtual levels
- No application is needed to promote a non-barrier-based adoption
- No Bluetooh, GPS or Wi-Fi is needed
- It works on all smart phones and feature phones
- It gives retailers the ability to work with completely anonymous intelligence
Who’s Behind Nucleus Vision?
The company Nucleus. Vision is headed by CEO and the founder of the platform, Abhishek Pitti, who is a graduate of the Harvard School of Business. There are other key members on the project team as well, being Martin Dudley (Retail Partnerships), Avinash Pitti (CTO), Bryan Lemster (Lead Blockchain Developer), and Brooks Atwood (Creative Director).
They also have a backing of investors in the way of Tim Draper, Darshan Patel, and Sriram Viswanathan. The tech partners for the platform are those of Vodafine and Reliance Communications as well as Intel, Radisys, and Alpha Networks.
Nucleus Vision ICO Conclusion
In the end, the Nucleus Visoin is promoted as a technology of the future. It has been compared to something you would witness on an episode of Black Mirror. But the technology is still in development and available as of the time of this writing. It’s already in use in at least ten known stores. Some of the partnered retailers include Gap and Tommy Hilfiger to give you an example.
You can learn more about the Nucleus.Vision platform, and how it is taking aim to fire on the retail industry experience and change it forever.