Ontology (ONT) Mainnet Token Swap Finishes on October 1, NEP-5 ONT to Remain on NEO Blockchain After
Five Days Left to Complete Ontology's ONT Token Swap
MainNet went live on June 30, 2018 and began on July 8, 2018. The token swap has a mere few days left, as it will come to an end on October 1, 2018. To participate, users must complete the swap during the given period. NEP-5-PNT not swapped by the termination date will remain on the NEO blockchain.
As of August 31, 97.98 Percent of all ONT Completed the Swap.
Those who do not have a NEP-5-ONT can still participate in the swap through the ONTO/OWallet Swap. ONTO is ontology’s comprehensive decentralized mobile ap that includes a wallet. OWallet is Ontology’s desktop wallet. Both support the swap. Here are the steps:
- Import NEO address where your NEO-5 ONT is into ONTO or OWallet
- The NEP-5 ONT balance should appear – complete the token swap
- Click on NEP-5 ONT balance in ONTO and select the token swap amount, enter the wallet password, and confirm. In OWallet, click swap next to the NEP-5 ONT balance and select the swap amount, enter the password, and press confirm.
Note, it should take up to 24 hours for the swap to complete. Users can check the status at https://swap.ont.io/
For other wallet swaps, users can try O3 and SEA. The former is for iOS and the latter for Android.
For a ledger swap using OWallet, follow the instructions:
- Create an individual wallet on OWallet
- Send Nep-5 ONT to the OWallet individual wallet address
- Once the transaction is received, click next to NEP-5 ONT balance and select token amount, enter password, and confirm
- Allow up to 24 hours for the swap to complete. Status can be checked on https://swap/ont/io/
Note that after you complete the token swap, make a MainNet ONT wallet on your ledger and send the MainNet ONT to the address.