Patientory – Secure Doctor & Care Provider Healthcare Blockchain?
Patientory promises to make healthcare secure using blockchain technology.
Find out how it works today in our Patientory review.
What Is Patientory?
Patientory, found online at Patientory.com, is a company dedicated to creating blockchain solutions for the healthcare industry. The company uses blockchain for storage, communication, mobile security, and data provenance, among other important tasks.
The platform is catered towards patients, healthcare providers, and healthcare organizations. Patients can access their own health information, providers can get instant access to medical information, and healthcare organizations can save costs on data breaches.
Overall, Patientory wants to make the healthcare industry – particularly patient data storage and communication – more efficient. The Patientory token sale for PTOY tokens took place in May/June 2017, and the tokens are available on a variety of cryptocurrency exchanges today.
What Problems Does Patientory Seek To Solve?
Patientory is mostly targeting inefficiencies in the US healthcare industry.
Here are some of the problems identified on the official website:
- A growing number of people fall ill every day. In the United States, 117 million people have been diagnosed with one or more chronic illnesses. These patients often struggle to efficiently access their health information.
- 2,600 hospitals in the United States face over $500 million in penalties under the US government’s readmissions reduction program in 2016. A large number of readmissions occur due to poor care coordination caused by siloed HER systems and the differences in regulations between states.
- In 2015, there were over 112 million healthcare data breaches that collectively caused $6 billion in damages to the industry.
Ultimately, Patientory plans to solve these problems by providing a secure, scalable, cost-effective health management solution. That’s where Patientory sees an opportunity for blockchain.
How Does Patientory Work?
Patientory aims to empower patients, clinicians, and healthcare organizations to safely access, store, and transfer information. The end result is improved care coordination and better data security.
To accomplish those goals, Patientory interconnects with any electronic health records (EHR) system, then enables doctors, care providers, and consumers to communicate across a single, easy-to-use platform. Patients also connect with the platform to form a larger community.
Blockchain is used to provide end-to-end encryption while adhering to regulatory guidelines and compliance requirements.
Some of the core features of the platform include:
- Encrypted middleware to meet the high-volume demands of modern day health IT
- APIs with electronic health records for fast medical information transfer
- HIPAA-compliant protected health information storage that adheres to region-specific regulatory guidelines
Overall, Patientory believes blockchain technology is the most secure way of preventing your patients’ sensitive health information from cyber attacks. The blockchain shreds and encrypts a patient’s medical record before spreading it across the network until it’s ready to be used again.
This makes data breaches virtually impossible. Even if one node on the blockchain was completely compromised, the attacker would only receive one random bit of encrypted information about a patient. Using a decentralized system instead of a centralized server makes attacks unlikely.
Benefits Of Patientory
Here are the benefits of Patientory for the main parties involved with the platform, including patients, providers, and healthcare organizations.
Benefits For Patients
- Secure Access: Patients can access their entire health profile in one place. This health profile includes your prior medical history, specialist referrals, test results, and more. It’s all available on your computer or mobile device, secured by blockchain technology.
- Communication: Patients can directly communicate with doctors and healthcare providers. Get in touch with them for any concerns. Share your info with trusted healthcare providers. Or, communicate your data and test results with family and loved ones.
- Learn: You can discuss your health concerns with the Patientory community. Thousands of patients are already on the Patientory network. The ultimate goal is to create a health platform where users can learn from the experiences of one another.
Benefits For Providers
- Patient Information at a Glance: Providers can get a complete picture of a patient’s information at a glance, including information aggregated from different providers and medical facilities.
- Manage: Doctors can manage their schedule, place electronic orders, and send or receive referrals online easily. Automation tools and reminders help doctors save time.
- Coordinate: Doctors can securely share information with patients, family members, caregivers, specialists, and nurses.
- Communication: Patientory has a HIPAA-compliant messaging platform, which means all healthcare providers can communicate in a secure and regulation-friendly way.
- Secure Storage: Patient data is secured on the blockchain network.
Patientory allows patients to enjoy “almost all” of their benefits for free. You can buy PTOYs, the digital token for the platform, to buy space to store your medical information on the blockchain network.
Meanwhile, healthcare providers will pay a one-time installation fee to install the platform on hospital devices. Then, they’ll be charged a monthly license and secure storage charge
The PTOY Token
The PTOY token is already listed on CoinMarketCap. The crowdsale took place between May and June 2017. The token has a market cap of $32.7 million, which puts it just outside the top 100 cryptocurrencies in terms of market cap.
The tokens are ERC20-compliant tokens built on Ethereum. There’s a total supply of 100,002,000 PTOY, with a circulating supply of 70 million tokens. The price per token has fluctuated between $0.50 and $1.50 since launch.
Who’s Behind Patientory?
Patientory is being developed by The Patientory Foundation, which was built with the goal of developing new technologies and applications with a focus on decentralized software platforms. The Patientory Foundation is incorporated in Georgia, USA and Switzerland. The company was founded in 2015.
Key members of the team include Chrissa McFarlane (Founder and CEO) and Rob Campbell (Chief Software Architect). The team has years of experience across healthcare, cybersecurity, and consumer technology.
Patientory is based in Atlanta Tech Village, with an office at Founders Base in San Francisco.
Patientory is a healthcare platform that seeks to provide benefits to patients, doctors, and healthcare providers. Using blockchain technology, Patientory creates a single, immutable source of patient data. Patients can share that data with healthcare providers, while healthcare providers can reduce compliance costs, reduce the risk of data breaches, and enjoy other benefits.
The PTOY tokens are available for purchase from a variety of cryptocurrency exchanges today. The ICO took place in May/June 2017.
To learn more about Patientory, visit Patientory.com today.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_btn title=”Most Popular Cryptocurrency Expert Reveals All” color=”juicy-pink” size=”lg” align=”center” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-btc” button_block=”true” add_icon=”true” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fbitcoinexchangeguide.com%2Fbest-crypto-trading-tips|title:Most%20Popular%20Cryptocurrency%20Expert%20Reveals%20All||”][/vc_column][/vc_row]