Peerplays Decentralized Sports Betting Service BookiePro Launches New Testnet
PBSA Creates New Baseline for Mainnet by Merging Source Code
Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association (PBSA), the creators of gaming blockchain Peerplays, earlier stated that they are taking steps in bringing decentralized sports betting service BookiePro to mainnet (Alice). By merging the existing Alice code with BookiePro code, Peerplays will create a new baseline code for mainnet.
According to Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association, the integration is now complete, and it will replace the current Baxter testnet using the new baseline code. PBSA also suggested ‘Beatrice’ as the name for the new testnet, to differentiate it from Baxter.
Baxter has been supporting the public beta of decentralized sports betting service BookiePro (BookiePro. Fun), since May 2018.
Beatrice, the source code for the new baseline testnet is due for release today. The existing blockchain source code Baxter was released closed-source to Witnesses. It means that Beatrice is the first blockchain source code to be released to the public.
Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association also indicated that, in addition to the release of Beatrice, the new on-chain affiliate program source code would also be part of today’s launch. In line with the rest of Peerplays blockchain code, all new codes shall be out under the MIT license.
There are slight differences between the genesis block that PBSA produced for Beatrice and the one created for Alice.
- The native token of Beatrice is TEST while the one on Alice is PPY
- The generation of a new UIA as the play money token for betting purposes. Alice will use a different play money token that will have a new name and airdrop distribution.
- The account “pbsa” owns BTF UIA
- Since the native token distribution of Alice is now cohesive into Beatrice’s genesis block, all the original beneficiaries of PPY tokens on Alice are now entitled to the TEST tokens on Beatrice. It is also beneficial because the original recipients can now participate in testnet governance.
- 51% of all TEST tokens on the genesis block are known to be Extra TEST tokens. The surplus tokens will allow PBSA and Witnesses to regulate the functioning of Beatrice testnet.
PBSA mentions that Witnesses should cease running Baxter by the end of October 2018. The new source code Beatrice is to replace Baxter. As Beatrice will be a testnet only, it means that any product running on the source code will not be marketed to end users.
As soon as the BookiePro moves to the mainnet as BookiePro.com, a new play money BookiePro product will be obtainable.
In line with the winding down of Baxter, “BookiePro.fun,” which was for the public beta only, will also cease to be in use. Intrinsically, there will be no BookiePro play money product available to the public for nearly eight weeks.
While it is unfortunate, the move is necessary because we will be progressing towards a more sustainable testnet and mainnet releases.
Interim BookiePro Release Schedule
15th October: PBSA releases the Beatrice testnet source code, BookiePro, and affiliate program
20th-30th October: Witnesses will stop running Baxter testnet (this signifies the end of BookiePro.fun product). Witnesses commence on running Beatrice testnet.
Early November: The Scheduled release of the new Alice source code (BookiePro and affiliate program)
December/January: New Alice code combines with mainnet through hard fork process that will be scheduled and managed by Witnesses. BookiePro.com product begins airdrop distribution and using UIA with a new name.