PEIR Blockchain Tracking App to Help Aid $1.8 Billion Shipping Problem Launches
TCompanies Launch PEIR, Solves Annual $1.8 Billion Shipping Problem
TCompanies has announced the launch of its new app that helps the transportation, logistics and shipping industries better assign costs based on responsibility for damaged shipping containers and trailers, PEIR (Photographic Equipment Interchange Receipt).
Commenting Tom Burke, CEO of PEIR parent company TCompanies said PEIR launched after a year of development and another year of beta testing with trucking companies, depot operations, repair facilities, transfer yards and terminals. He said the idea for PEIR came to him shortly after selling intermodal trucking company that he owned for ten years. For all ten years, he felt the monetary pain associated with not having evidence that the company did not damage a piece of equipment that it received in interchange and were forced to pay for repair. At one point, it took 2 ½ full time employees to research and handle all these damage claims, which was another cost that ate away at their bottom line.
With PEIR, there are no questions about the condition of the equipment at your point of interchange as PEIR streamlines the inspection and documentation into a quick, reliable and intuitive mobile app process.
How PEIR Works
PEIR’s patent pending process establishes an irrefutable photographic record for the equipment being interchanged between parties and the record is provable with the Blockchain. It’s a simple five step process using a smartphone:
- To start, users type in a brief description of the Event and enter as many tags as needed to easily identify the Event (“Chassis”, “Damaged”, “Rear Corner”, “BN”).
- Photos are taken with the user device — up to 20 photos may be taken to record the interchange.
- User taps “Finished” when done and PEIR obtains & confirms a Blockchain certification and stores the information in PEIR's platform for easy access and retrieval.
- A link to the Event can then be shared by tapping “Share.”
- User may review any stored Event through the PEIR mobile app or PEIR's website to verify the Blockchain Proof of Authenticity, Event Summary, Tags, Details, Geo Locations & unique Blockchain Hashes.
PEIR acquired TamperSecure, an API using patent pending technology to leverage the Blockchain to verify the creation time & date of a digital document, verify the location at which a photo was captured, and ensure the authenticity of any digital document.
Before PEIR, if you hadn’t damaged the container/trailer, you had little way to prove your innocence amongst the other 5-7 parties involved in the shipment. PEIR solves this problem with visible, irrefutable recordable evidence utilizing Blockchain. PEIR is priced at $39.99 per month.