Pomp: Outside Of A Three Month Lull, Bitcoin Investor Yields Have Always Been Positive Returns
- BTCs extrapolated tx figures indicate that the premier altcoin rakes in an annualized transaction volume of USD $1+ trillion.
- In this regard, we can see that Visa and MasterCard’s annual tx volume currently stands at ~$8 and ~$4 trillion respectively.
Bitcoin has been garnering a lot of momentum in recent weeks, with the flagship digital asset recently surging past the $9k mark — thereby sowing the seeds for fresh new investor confidence to infiltrate this already potent market. However, in the midst of all these positive developments, there are still those people who believe that the sector is bound to implode due to its inherent volatility.
In a recent interview with Anthony ‘Pomp’ Pompliano, Founder and CEO of Morgan Creek Digital Capital, the crypto savant lambasted the haters by pointing out that the Bitcoin ecosystem is currently experiencing its “highest ever hash rate” that is making the network more secure with each passing day.
- “There are only 21,000,000 bitcoins that will ever exist. As of yesterday, a little more than 17,761,000 have been mined. Of that 17,761,000+ bitcoin, 661,862 were mined in the last 12 months.”
- Over the course of the last 2 years, BTCs natve hash rate figures have increased by a factor of at least 10x. This number is expected to rise (even further) in the near future since many analysts believe that a bull run might be incoming.
- From a technical standpoint, we can see that Bitcoin’s adjusted volume has always remained above the $3 billion mark.
Lastly, in closing out his aforementioned interview, the Morgan Creek exec. stated that from the time BTC was introduced into the global trading ecosystem, there has only been a short ‘90-day window’ during which the digital asset has not able to yield decent returns for its investors.
Statistical data associated with Bitcoin indicates that the digital currency is on the verge of breaking out again. It now remains to be seen whether or not the premier asset is able to surge past its ATH of 20k by the end of this year.