Prominent Bitcoin Analyzer Tuur Demeester Says BTC is Much More than Just a ‘Store of Value’
It’s now officially been more than a decade since Bitcoin’s genesis block was mined and the first official transaction involving the premier altcoin was carried out. However, over the course of the aforementioned time frame, the digital currency has become much more than a simple store of value. In fact, Bitcoin now features an ecosystem that comes loaded with a host of unique features that are exclusive to the alt-asset alone.
BTC/LN ~ TCP/IP
Bitcoin is becoming a platform—a protocol stack with many features:
– store of value
– low trust wealth transfer
– confidential transactions
– tokenized securities
– high volume payment network
– smart contracts / programmable money
— Tuur Demeester (@TuurDemeester) January 21, 2019
Tuur Demeester: “Bitcoin Is The Future Of Digital Finance”
In a recent interview with Adamant Capital partner ‘Tuur Demeester’, the crypto savant was quoted as saying that Bitcoin was slowly transforming into a platform that possessed a multitude of features that were far more transformative than conventional banking structures.
In this regard, it is important to note that as Bitcoin has been able to garner more and more mainstream attention, a whole host of financial experts now believe that the currency is all set to displace traditional monetary systems.
In Demeester’s opinion, some of the core aspects of BTC that set it apart from other economic frameworks include:
- Customers making use of Bitcoin have the ability to make an entry within the ledger and record transactions in a quick and hassle-free manner.
- Bitcoin employs an unalterable framework for ‘Proof of Ownership’ that can not only be used for payment purposes but can also be deployed within niche domains such as voting, property acquisition, contracts, and securities.
- Each and every transaction is confidential and can be processed in high volumes within a short period of time.
- The system has the capability of employing smart contracts that help in seamless facilitation of complex transactions.
In rounding out this article, it is worth mentioning that Bitcoin’s capabilities have still not been tested to their fullest. However, moving forward, we should expect more and more innovation to come out from within this burgeoning market space. Not only that, as we move deeper into 2019, many experts are predicting that Bitcoin along with other top currencies such as Ethereum, Tron will continue to gather more mainstream support.