The PROVER Network is a digital service platform that aims to objectively and independently verify video content using the Blockchain technology. Through the blockchain technology, the network can confirm the authenticity of video materials. PROVER is designed for offline uses but is also suitable for embedding in the third-party platforms to develop applications.
Is the PROVER Network a Digital Revolution?
With the revolution of the smart phones and other mobile devices such as tablet computers, the entertainment and communication industries have changed a lot. It is now easier for anyone to create and distribute video content. This phenomenon continues to change many sectors of the economy, making the world digital. People use photo and video content for various reasons including economic, financial, insurance, judicial, medical, and others.
Following that, there is a sober need for an independent and decentralized platform to objectively guarantee the authenticity of the created and distributed content. At the same time, there is a need to protect the content from possible forgery and unauthorized editing.
Against that backdrop, PROVER Network seeks to provide a solution to the problem that currently exists in the creation of content. Besides, the solution will bring a major impact on the digital economy. Thousands of projects from several different areas around the globe will utilize the technology.
The PROVER Network Components
The PROVER platform offers the following components:
- A mobile app that installs on a smart phone and launches with the camera turned on. The app can also initiate the launch of the camera itself.
- A set of algorithms and utilities that integrates the PROVER technology into third-party solutions and services
- Smart Contract proof (this will be used only for the implementation on the Ethereum platform)
Even with the mentioned components, the major technical problem is the verification of the video content shot by the user. PROVER seeks to provide a solution to the problem. To accomplish that objective, PROVER will confirm that:
- A real video camera was used to produce the video footage. In that regard, the camera must be integrated into a mobile device not imitated by a virtual video camera.
- The video content is original, unedited, without gluing or insertions.
- The content was recorded over a period of time
How PROVER Network Works
To verify the authenticity of a file previously recorded using the PROVER technology, you will need to do the following:
- Upload the video recorded with the PROVER technology
- PROVER will check the hash of the file previously stored on the Blockchain and the presence of the input swype code.
- In case of matching hashes and swipe codes, PROVER considers the video authentic
- Finally, you receive a confirmation report with the link of the file hash and swype code so you can verify independently.
If you are wondering where your video goes when you record it, the files recorded using the PROVER MVP app cannot leave your device. Only the hash of the created video file is sent to PROVER and the Blockchain. If in doubt, you can send the video file to PROVER to verify its authenticity.
Upon full implementation of the PROVER platform, users will be able to have their video files verified in exchange for PROOF tokens.