Finally, Version 2 of the PumaPay mainnet has been launched. Ver the past month, the project team has been testing and debugging the PullPayment and Recurring Payments smart contracts.
What it means
The recently introduced mainnet will act as the proof of concept for the PullPayment smart contract. The contract is expected to unlock all the features of the PumaPay solution.
Moreover, the mainnet launch means that merchants can deploy the PullPayment solution in their stores. PullPayment enables a business to bill their clients in digital currencies. The system boasts of flexibility that can only be rivalled by credit card payment systems.
The release of the mainnet is a significant step towards the realization of the objectives of the PumaPay project. Nevertheless, the company has promised to regularly update and improve the solution.
Billing Models and Application Areas
The new mainnet supports the following billing methods:
This is a recurring payment model where the merchant sets the amount to be billed and the time after which it will be required.
Subscription is used in both online and offline businesses. Some of the areas it is applied include content sites, media providers and gym subscriptions.
Free Trial + Subscription
This is similar to the subscription model, with the exception being that the user starts making payments after the end of a stipulated trialing period. For instance, a consumer might get a 30-day free trial after which they will be required to pay a monthly subscription. This model is popular with the e-learning platform, content distributors and so on.
Single Payment + Subscription
In this model, the client pays an initial charge to cover a stipulated period. Once this period elapses, the subscription model starts. For example, a user can pay $10 for the first followed by $7 monthly subscriptions. This is common among dating websites and SaaS providers.
Single Pull Payment
This is a one-off PullPayment transaction that is suited for regular purchases.
Advantages of PullPayment for Customers
- Zero transaction fees – the merchant covers the transaction costs in PullPayment transactions.
- Full control over transactions – the PumaPay crypto wallet supports the billing models mentioned above and allows users to manage their payments without depending on third-party service providers. For instance, a user can cancel a subscription through the wallet app.
- Privacy – PumaPay leverages the privacy-enhancing capabilities of blockchain technology to protect the user’s data.
Advantages of PullPayment for Merchants
- Saving on card transaction fees – as compared to credit card transaction fees, blockchain gas fees are way cheaper. This saves money for the merchants.
- Immediate transaction settlement – unlike traditional payment methods, cryptocurrency payments are steeled immediately. Merchants no longer have to wait for days before getting paid.
- No chargebacks – blockchain transactions are irreversible. This means that fraudulent clients cannot request for chargebacks.
Features of the Version 2 PumaPay Mainnet
SDK and API
The PumaPay API has an inbuilt HTTP interface to allow the seamless integration with the PumaPay main server and assist merchants to create the ideal payment solution for their clients. On the other hand, the SDK enables the PumaPay solution to work with third-party merchant platforms.
The mainnet comes with comprehensive guidelines, use cases and general instructions.
PumaPay Cryptocurrency Wallet
This solution is available for both Android and iOS devices. In addition to supporting recurring PMA payments, this wallet allows the user to transact in PMA, ETH and all ERC20 altcoins.
With an interactive and easy-to-use user interface, this portal allows merchants to register, create billing and pricing models and receive payments.
Since PumaPay is built on the Ethereum blockchain, the initial firms to implement this solution should be the ones that are not affected by the speed of transactions. Notably, new merchants will be able to start billing immediately after registration.