Quadriga Coin Exchange – Advanced Bitcoin Trading Platform?
Quadriga Coin Exchange is a bitcoin trading platform that promises to be the most convenient way to trade bitcoins. Here’s our QuadrigaCX review.
What Is Quadriga Coin Exchange?
QuadrigaCX is a bitcoin trading platform with fees of 0.2% to 0.5%. The company is based in Vancouver, Canada, and offers pairs like ETH/CAD and BTC/CAD.
Typically, QuadrigaCX is in the top 35 exchanges in terms of 24 hour trading volume. At the time of writing, it was sitting at the number 32 spot. The most popular pair is the ETH/CAD pair, accounting for about 60% of trades over the past 24 hours.
BTC/CAD and ETH/BTC have consist of about 15 to 20% each, while the BTC/USD pair rounds out the selection. QuadrigaCX offers four trading pairs in total.
Quadriga Coin Exchange Features
Here are some of the key features that distinguish QuadrigaCX:
Same Day Funding & Withdrawal
You can fund your account instantly using INTERAC Online. E-transfer funds will show up in your account within 24 hours. Withdrawals are also done via express bank transfer. You can deposit or withdraw with bank wires, drafts, money orders, and more.
Advanced Trading Platform
QuadrigaCX offers 0.2% to 0.5% fees to traders, based on your 30 day volume. As mentioned above, there are four pairs, including CAD/XBT, USD/XBT, XBT/ETH, and CAD/ETH.
QuadrigaCX stores funds in encrypted cold storage. Users can protect their accounts using two factor authentication. Collaborative security is provided by Cloudflare, and there’s collective intelligent threat detection.
Liquidity & Volume
About 80% of QuadrigaCX’s trades are performed on the CAD/XBT and CAD/ETH pairs, where the exchange offers strong liquidity. However, even the two less popular pairs, XBT/ETH and USD/XBT, are still very popular with traders. In general, traders enjoy low liquidity, especially compared to other Canadian dollar pairs offered on other exchanges.
QuadrigaCX doesn’t have a “Fees” page where it explains all of the fees associated with the platform. However, the exchange does have a FAQs page where it mentions fees. The FAQs page mentions just one fee, and that’s on trades.
Specifically, QuadrigaCX charges a 0.5% fee on all completed trades on BTC/USD, BTC/CAD, and ETH/CAD. The fee on the ETH/BTC order book is 0.2%. The fee does not apply to open orders, and is only charged after a fee is executed.
There are also fees associated with funding and withdrawal. Here’s a complete breakdown of all fees:
- Trading: 0.5% (For BTC/USD, BTC/CAD, and ETH/CAD; 0.2% for ETH/BTC.
- Direct Bank Transfer Deposit: 1% (minimum $1,000, maximum of $250,000, takes 72 hours to process)
- INTERAC Online Deposit: 1.5%, or $5 minimum (whichever is higher) ($50 minimum deposit, $2,000 maximum deposit, receive funds instantly)
- Bank Wire Deposit: Free (minimum $500, maximum $500,000, receive funds within 24 hours)
- Voucher Deposits: Free and instant
- Bitcoin Deposits: Free, requires 4 confirmations
- Ether Deposits: Free, requires 12 confirmations
- Express Bank Transfer Withdrawals: 2% fee (minimum $500, maximum $100,000, takes 1 to 3 business days)
- Rapid Bank Transfer Withdrawals: 5% fee (minimum $500, maximum $5,000, takes 1 business day)
- Bank Wire Withdrawals: Free (minimum $100, maximum $500,000, takes 4 to 10 business days)
- Direct Bank Transfer or EFT Withdrawals: Free (minimum $100, maximum $20,000, takes 4 to 7 business days)
- Cheque Withdrawals:1% fee (minimum $100, maximum $500,000, takes 7 to 10 business days)
- PayPal Withdrawals: Free (minimum $50, maximum $3,000, takes 1 to 2 business days)
- Bitcoin Withdrawals: Free (minimum 0.001 BTC)
- Ether: Free (minimum 0.001 ETH)
- Cash Delivery Withdrawals: 2% + $20 fee (minimum $500, maximum $5,000, shipped within 72 hours)
Verification is required on bank transfers, bank wires, and INTERAC online transfers. Direct bank transfers and INTERAC online transfers are only available for Canadian dollar deposits, although you can bank wire USD and CAD, or buy a voucher with USD or CAD.
About Quadriga Coin Exchange
QuadrigaCX is a Canadian cryptocurrency exchange platform based in Vancouver, British Columbia. The goal of the exchange, according to the official website, “is to provide an easy to use platform to simplify the process of buying and selling bitcoins.”
As mentioned above, the exchange sits in around the top 35 biggest bitcoin exchanges in terms of 24 hour trading volume.
The company is 100% Canadian, and is registered and headquartered in Vancouver. You can find their office here:
223-2055 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, British Columbia V5N 0C7
Quadriga Coin Exchange Conclusion
QuadrigaCX is a Vancouver-based bitcoin exchange that’s best-known for its Canadian dollar pairs, including its CAD/BTC and CAD/ETH pairs. It offers strong liquidity in those pairs, as well as its other two pairs: ETH/BTC and BTC/USD.
If you’re looking for a way to trade Canadian dollars for cryptocurrencies at a flat 0.5% fee with relatively cheap withdrawals and deposits, then QuadrigaCX is one of the best options for Canadians.