Remme’s Secure Password Authentication Blockchain For Businesses
Most of our modern portal services and sites rely on username/password and the increasing popular two-factor authentication as their mode of security. However, the high number of attack vectors and data breaches are proving that our security is still not up to standard. A significant factor in this efficiency is due to the actions of the user. Human error is often the cause of most these attacks as people are often not careful with their passwords and hackers to take advantage. Unsurprisingly, blockchain technology is once again the optimum solution for this misfortune, and already revolutionary ventures are working for you to have a no-password future. Here a blockchain platform that intends to make passwords obsolete, with no human intervention during the authentication process.
What Is Remme?
REMME is a blockchain venture that plans to resolve the access management by users through building a distributed Public Key Infrastructure protocol and DApps. The infrastructure comprises of roles, procedures, and policies which will create, distribute, store or use a digital certificate to have public encryption on the platform. The protocol works by utilizing the technology behind SSL/TLS certificates, which are a conventional technology with our existing tax and banking services. That makes the REMME technology a good option when it comes to protecting our Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem and devices.
How Remme's Secure Password Authentication Works
The state of the art technology will work cryptographically to grant access to systems and devices looking for your secure logins to your accounts. The theory works to have advanced technical features with protocols. The hybrid system will operate on a Proof of Stake and proof of authority. However, the two contracts are the critical parts of the solution from REMME.
- REMME PKI protocol- the technology will rely on Bitcoin anchoring with a custom blockchain. There is also the presence of master nodes as the system’s core.
- REMME DApps- includes several applications for the authentication process: REMME WebAuth, REMME for IoT and REMME Enterprise. In the future, REMME intends to add more applications such as a REMME mail and REMME signature.
Remme vs. Traditional Login Systems
In many ways, REMME resembles a next-generation data protection system. The solution enhances user experience and reduces the bureaucracy with human authentication. All the security aspects it solves are going to be beneficial for a broad category of people. Here a brief of some of them
- Business won't have to rely on centralized password storage eliminating the risk of stolen credentials from the system database
- It reduces the use of a weak password and other methods of security features for the average user.
- Helps in minimizing the occurrence of a human error during authentication
- The distributed authentication could help corporate clients to use the technology to protect employee access.
- Helps secure the ecosystem of Internet of Things by ensuring a secure device-to-device communication.
Will Remme Work In The Long Run?
It is wise to emphasize that REMME is a free system for the end users. However, companies that want to integrate REMME’s protocol have to pay for the decentralized applications. As such, these two elements could help REMME build on its customer base if individual and companies take to adopting the protocol into their real-life cybersecurity. The only challenge REMME is facing is finding a compatible blockchain to enable the seamless transactions.