As the global digital ecosystem continues to encapsulate a wide array of media content, it is not surprising to see it seep into the domain of TV and Films.
RightsTrade is an all new platform that provides media distributors with a direct link to content owners through the use of its Market on Demand™ module. Not only that, the company has also made it substantially easier for independent buyers to find and license content with the simple touch of a button.
More About Rights Trade
When looked at more closely, we can see that this service makes use of a business model that allows media owners to generate incremental value sales as time progresses. Some of the other key features of this platform that really make it stand out include:
- Ease of Use: instead of having to go through tedious contractual agreements for licensing TV and Film content, Rights Trade provides users with pre-defined contract templates that make it easy to plug in numbers and sign agreements virtually.
- Fast: using its digital framework, all business interactions are streamlined. No longer do users have to go to studios to get their paperwork sorted, with this system, important transactions are carried out digitally in a hassle free manner.
- Large Content Library: at the time of writing this review, Rights Trade has on its roster over 5000 Film+TV titles up for grabs.
- Market Backing: as per statistical data, users have already viewed nearly 227369 screeners on this platform. These figures are based on data that spans over a period of 5 years.
Other Important Aspects Of This System
- Advanced Technology: to make the entire process of buying and selling digital content easier, RightsTrade make use of a highly specialised ‘cloud-based SaaS service module’.
- Search Options: in order to save time and effort, users can simply search for the desired content via the central interface that is employed by the platform.
- Fast and Efficient: through the use of a protocol called DealWizard, this service is able to make the entire negotiation process between buyers and sellers easier.
- Secure: RightsTrade only allows accredited buyers to connect with sellers.
Who Is Behind This Venture?
RightsTrade is the brainchild of Steven Polster who serves as the company’s CEO and financial guru. Steven is a senior management executive who has held various high profile jobs over the course of the past 20 years. Prior to joining RightsTrade, he was the figurehead who engineered the restructuring of Miramax's international licensing business, and running the company's theatrical and non-theatrical lines of business.
Similarly, Laurie Woodrow is in charge of Sales and Client Relations for the company. Laurie describes herself as an “industry veteran” who has served as an executive for various film distribution giants over the past 25 years. To be more specific, Laurie has previously worked at:
- Fierce Entertainment — Executive Vice President
- Trans-Pacific Media from — President/owner.
How Do I Get On Board?
To start proceedings off, users can go to the official company website and click on the “sign up” button. There is some paperwork that needs to be filled out so as to verify buyer credentials. However, the process is not complicated and can be completed within a span of 10-20 minutes.
For any queries, details or doubts, users can contact company representatives via email or telephone.