Rockchain – Distributed Data Intelligence Platform ETH Blockchain?
Rockchain is a distributed data intelligence platform connected to local data stores. Find out how it works today in our Rockchain review.
What Is Rockchain?
Rockchain, found online at Rockchain.org, is a distributed data intelligence platform that performs map reduce operations on structured data by connecting to local stores.
The end result is that Rockchain can provide secured and auditable computation resources on a totally distributed network without the need for any central ownership of computation nodes.
Rockchain is built on top of the Ethereum blockchain. The platform doesn’t actually move any data – it just distributes data intelligence to the data. Any computation, static data, or stream is dealt with in accordance with detailed privacy restrictions maintained on Ethereum.
Use Cases For Rockchain
Obviously, there’s a lot going on with Rockchain. To help you understand how the platform works, let’s take a look at some of the possible use cases:
Distributed Collaborative Data Platform
Rockchain can be used for coo-petition distributed file systems with blockchain permission systems, or as a distributed log system monitoring dashboard. It can also be used for distributed IoT events aggregation, among other use cases for distributed collaborative data.
Distributed Business Intelligence
Some of the possible distributed business intelligence use cases include as reports on private files (DNA files and medical imaging) without breaching privacy. It can also be used for distributed regulatory risk reports without compromising data ownership and privacy, or for distributed supply chain event-store reporting, or as real time distributed time series data reporting without data centralization.
Distributed Cloud Event Correlation
Rockchain can also be used for distributed cloud event correlation, where use cases include cloud service packet delivery based business models DAPP, cloud supervision and monitoring through packet correlation, microservices distributed microbilling, and distributed machine learning tracking and billing.
How Does Rockchain Work?
The platform implements two general algorithms through its distributed architecture, including the map-reduce algorithm (an algorithm that can identify relevant data on distributed data nodes and optionally reduce the data using aggregations like count, average, or custom functions) and the event correlation algorithm (which distributes time-based logic in a distributed network, correlating data events on several nodes in a predefined sequence).
Some of the core features of Rockchain include:
- A Cryptographic Proof of Deployed Scripts on Each Node: Rockchain uses UNIX Union File Systems to create layers of cryptographically proven scripts deployment.
- A Global and Distributed Datascript Naming Service: Rockchain offers a global and distributed datascript naming service called, appropriately enough, DataScript Name Service.
- Dealing with Data Privacy in a Hybrid Network: All FactMap nodes have an option to keep their data private, while ComputeReduce nodes have their data public.
- A Hybrid Fractal Network with Nodes Duality: ComputeReduce nodes organize themselves in overlapping clusters. Each cluster is responsible for answering one specific DataScript request.
- Global Intertwined Logical Network with Economic Incentives: Using the Rockchain DNS (DataScript Naming Service), rules can be intertwined together, allowing for the reuse of existing rules components into other published nodes.
Overall, these features plan to solve existing problems with centralized systems as well as existing problems with distributed systems.
Who’s Behind Rockchain?
Rockchain is led by Sebastien Jehan, a veteran software architect and entrepreneur with 20 years of experience in Japan, the United States, and Europe working for large financial companies.
The company launched the concept in February 2017, then developed the Rockchain platform in March and April. By Q3 2017, they hope to complete the ICO, with a distributed file system alpha release scheduled for Q1 2018.
The company behind Rockchain is registered in France as Lambda Vision SAS.
Rockchain is preparing for its ICO in Q3 2017. The company aims to solve problems in current centralized systems, as well as problems in current distributed systems. You can learn more about Rockchain at Rockchain.org, or by reading through the company’s whitepaper.